ch.7 ▪︎Why?

DALLAS'S P.O.V

"Yeah well maybe if you stuck around you would know!"
Marcus said roughly.

The rest of mine and Addison's gang was inside and Darry had gone to work. I had pulled him outside trying to find out how the hell Otto managed to be such a big part of Addison's life. But he snapped at me. I mean it was obvious none of the boys liked me but he was angry.

"I mean.."He scoffed "do you even know her favorite color? Her favorite thing to do?"

"No. Obviously not "
I snapped right back.

"Yeah and whose fault is that"
He asked sarcastically stepping closer. Getting in my face.

"Alright man I know I get it. Maybe I would be able to fix that if you just told me. Or better yet tell me why Otto and Tony have been messing around my little sister"

He seemed to ignore me completely
..asshole

"Maybe you should ask her yourself instead of pushing her friends to tell you man. Or 'better yet' talk to her. Get to know the person she is. Maybe if you'd even tried to do that before you would know that her favorite color is red, that she hates hugs and physical touch, or crying, or maybe that she hates people like you."

What

"Huh? Why?"

"Yeah. The kind of person who strolles into someone's life and gets their little title and acts like they belong. Just like you are doing right now. Now that she's here you think your automatically the big brother again. Your being protective of her from her own friends. Your trying to snoop around her life behind her back when I'm sure you haven't had an actual conversation with her yet. Not without one of you getting angry. You haven't even tried to get involved in what was it....?? Six years. Hm? But now it's like you own her or something right?..
Control yourself winston cause right now. You have no right, no place in her life where you can be doing this."

"I'm her brother man! I'm aloud to protect her"

"No your not. You haven't been involved in enough of her life to say that. Hell Otto knows her better now than you ever did and I'm so glad that it pissed you off because that's the least you deserve for leaving her." He toned his voice down but he was still obviously angry

"Oh c'mon her life couldn't have been that horrible with me not around!"

Why was everyone acting like her life was so miserable without me like she truly went through hell. She didn't. And if she did no one was telling me. No one was giving me details

"No it wasn't. But she was alone.
She had us yes but she wanted her brother to be there. Tony didn't always go overboard and she kept herself enough away from her father. But that doesn't mean those crappy times things did go horrible that you weren't supposed to be there. She didn't deserve to be left like that you dumb ass"

"Oh fuck you.
Don't call me a dumb ass. I had to leave. I was a kid, I didn't think I could handle taking her with me.
But we both know if she's mad at me she ain't gonna tell me anything and I wanna know what was so bad that everyone hates me for not being there. So just get it over with would you"

"No.
She'll tell you when she wants "
This kid had good loyalty ill admit but it was annoying.

"Fine!"
I stormed my way inside and was stuck watching Mickey mouse until I had to go meet Tim at the Dingo.

Sodapop curtis P.O.V

This girl.  I was ranting to Steve about her quietly but he didn't seem to be listening.
She was talking to Mickey and Candy 
As they were catching her up with whatever was happening back in New York. I hadn't dated anyone since Sandy. I hadn't had any romantic interest in anyone since the night I had gotten that letter from her explain how she was leaving to Florida with the kid that wasn't mine.  While Pony, johnny and Dally were up at that church she showed up at the DX and told me she was pregnant with someone else's kid and after dropping down into my knee asking her to marry me anyways she rejected me.