Shehr-e-Yaar-e-Iram

07/06/2023

" Ammi main aayi... Khala ko surprise visit krne Jaa rhi hun... " Saying that, Iram walked out of her parents house and sat in the booked ola and drove with a smile on her face and a box of sweets in her hands.

" Mam, we are at the location... " The driver said and she nodded. After paying him, she walked and knocked on the main gate of the house.

There was no response. She clicked on doorbell. Still no response.

She looked at the road behind her. The empty road. The dry sunny weather.

She thought to call them but the surprise would be ruined in some way. She thought for a second and opened the side main gate and walked inside.

She walked in the garden of their house and called her mother to inform about the situation but before the call could connect, a voice surprised her.

" Aap yahan kya kar rhi hai? " She turned to see a guy under the tree walking towards her.

" Main yahan apni Khala se milne aayi hun. Kahan hai woh? "

" Yahan ab Shehryar Siddiqui ki family rehti hai... Main, Shehryar Siddiqui... Aapki Khala ko promotion mil gyi hai... Aur urgent notice pe unhe shift hona pada. "

" Ohh... " She looked back at road and then her mobile when he asked,

" Aap kaise aayi yahan pe? Aapki gaadi? "

" Nhi. I booked ola cab. Ab toh road suna hai main kaise jaun. Cab yahan bahut rare milti hai... "

" Aap agar agree karein toh main aapko Ghar chhod dunga... "

" But yahan koi vehicle nhi dikh rhi hai mujhe... " Iram said looking around.

" Servicing k liye gyi hai... Ek ghante mein aa jayegi... Tab tak agar aap Ghar mein chale toh... Bahut garmi hai bahar... "

" Nhi..nhi... Main kuch intezaam kr lungi... " Iram was hesitant for it.

" I can understand that you are hesitating but ghar mein meri Mummy aur behn hai... Aap ghabraye nhi... "

They both walked towards the door of the house as Shehryar showed the way.

" Aapka naam Jaan sakta hun? " Shehryar asked.

" Dr. Iram Khan "

" MashaAllah "

While they were busy in their conversation, a lady of around 40s or 50s age walked out askinv for her son.

" Shehryar?! Beta kahan hai aap? "

Shehryar and Iram turned and looked at her.
After explaining the situation to his Ammi, Ammi said,

" No...it's not okay... By the time the car will be here, have some snacks and water... or you can have lunch with us too... "

Iram wanted to deny but the way Ammi pleased her, she said yes.

" Ammi " A voice came and they all looked at the door of the house.

" My result is out "

" Kitne bane? " Shehryar asked.

" 92% "

" Waah...waah... Mubarak ho meri behn " Shehryar hugged her and praised her.

" MashaAllah meri bachchi " Ammi hugged her too.

Iram looked at her hands having a box of sweets and so she smiled and came forward towards her and said,

" Shayad iss jashn ki mithai meri qismat mein laana tha aapke liye... Mubarak ho aapko... "