Ch.6: Dahlia's End

Freya and them had tried to take down Aunt Dahlia. For Freya, it was protecting herself and whatever Mikaelson line would be coming in the future after herself and at least Klaus. After all, the others couldn't have children. For the rest of them, it was all about getting rid of an enemy. But it hadn't gone as planned really. And thus they ended up in a cave, Dahlia having made the air full of white oak ash. And because of it being the weakness of the Originals, it was killing her siblings. And since Klaus still had his sire line intact, it was starting to effect the blonde she didn't know well. Freya was on the ground too, because of Dahlia and her magic. But Mikael hadn't shown yet. He was her backup. She knew he'd die for her. She just hoped it didn't come down to that. Unlike her siblings, she loved her father.

Freya lay there, as Dahlia kept a magical hold on her throat. Then she grabbed her, getting her to her feet. 

"You betrayed me for the last time," Dahlia angrily threatened. "Now, watch your siblings die." 

Suddenly, Mikael came up behind them and, with her weaknesses on it, stabbed Dahlia with a dagger. That made her hold on Freya go. Freya then got to her feet, using her magic to make the ash disappear. It was just enough time to save their lives.

She looked over to see that her dad was watching the witch turn to ash, dead. He'd saved her, just as she predicted he'd do.

After they'd all recovered, they all headed back home. 

Later that night, they were in his room. He had a hand resting on her arm, as they stood by his bed. 

"Are you sure you're okay, luv? You almost died tonight." 

"I'm okay. You almost died, too. I should be asking you the same question," she replied. 

"I'm okay, luv. I think being here was a mistake. This city isn't safe for you, Caroline." 

"Nothing is guaranteed to be safe, Klaus," she reminded him. "I know you want to protect me, but you can't always protect me." 

"I can try," he replied with a smile. 

She gave a smile. 

A moment later, they were kissing.