~Chapter 3~

Many moons later, and Lightcub was still sick. She almost seemed to be getting worse. Addercub and Spottedcub were now Adderpaw and Spottedpaw. Icepaw and Harepaw are now Icegaze and Harepelt.

Adderpaw's mentor is Hailmane, and Spottedpaw's mentor is Shineclaw. She was fit to be a medicine lion apprentice.

Swiftcub became Swiftpaw, Thorncub became Thornpaw, and Eaglecub became Eaglepaw. They were the second oldest compared to Adderpaw and Spottedpaw.

Swancub became an apprentice, while Lightcub had to stall hers because of how sick she is. Swanpaw's mentor is Eelblaze.

Kionroar paced back and forth inside the nursery. Ranileaf was curled around Lightcub, whispering to her.

"Shineclaw says she isn't getting better. What do you think she has? Greencough? Whitecough?" His face when pale, "Y-Yellowcough?"

"She's not coughing Kionroar. Her head is just really hot. It's just a fever," She mumbled to herself. "A really bad fever."

"Exactly!" Kionroar unsheathed his claws and kneaded them into the ground.

Swanpaw came running in, "Is Lightcub better yet?" Ranileaf sighed, "No sweetie. She isn't. And you shouldn't be in here. We don't want you getting sick too."

"I want to see my sister, and I plan to," Swanpaw laid down by her sister. Lightcub started to purr, but just barely.

"Why won't she open her eyes anymore?" Swanpaw asked. "It takes to much energy," Ranileaf replied.

Kionroar continued to pace. "Kionroar, if you keep doing that, you'll get a headache," Ranileaf explained.

Kionroar didn't listen.

Swiftpaw, Eaglepaw, Thornpaw, and Adderpaw walked into the nursery, "Is Lightcub okay?" Thornpaw asked.

Ranileaf shook her head.

"Is there anything we can do?" Adderpaw asked. Kionroar stopped pacing. He never expected the son of Pytrostar to care about someone else.

Adderpaw and Spottedpaw were thrilled when they found out they had kin in FangPride. Pytrostar had two cubs with Tawnyfoot. Honeryfern was a bit mad because Pytrostar was technically her "mate" because they had two cubs together as well.

Pytrostar and Tawnyfoot's cubs are Poisonpaw and Leafpaw.

Poisonpaw is a completely black male with a small black mane and bright blue eyes.

Leafpaw is a golden lioness with blue eyes.

"Yes. Adderpaw, could you please get Shineclaw?" Kionroar asked. Adderpaw nodded and ran out of the nursery.

Lightcub started whimpering. She tossed and turned. Swanpaw tried to comfort her sister, but Lightcub kicked her on accident and Swanpaw backed away.

Swiftpaw nuzzled Swanpaw, "She'll be okay." "I hope so," Swanpaw sighed.

Adderpaw ran in with Shineclaw behind him.

As Shineclaw was checking on Lightcub, a yowl ran through the air, "A Cougar is in the camp!"

Kionroar instantly ran out of the nursery, Adderpaw at his side. His paws suddenly froze in place. The Cougar was prowling around the camp. Everyone had hidden in the dens. As Kionroar looked around, he spotted Mapleshade, his old mentor, picking at the fresh kill pile.

Kionroar's eyes widened. Mapleshade had recently lost her hearing, so she couldn't hear everyone yelling to hide. And she was by the fresh kill pile, so all she could smell was meat. And she couldn't see the Cougar, because she wasn't facing it.

The Cougar licked it's muzzle and ran for Mapleshade. "No!" Kionroar roared and charged at the Cougar. He jumped on its back and clawed its face.

The Cougar tried fighting back, but it was weak. Kionroar could tell it was a female. But why was she so weak?

Suddenly, he heard a very sharp chirping sound. The Puma (A female Cougar is called a Puma) quickly turned her head around and screeched. The loud, sharp chirping started again and a kitten walked out of the tall grass. But not a domestic kitten. This was a baby Cougar.

The female Cougar dashed forward and threw Kionroar off her. She nuzzled her cub and growled at Kionroar. He realized she was staring at the fresh kill pile. She must have been hungry for days and it seemed like her cub was too. She wasn't able to produce enough milk for her kitten to have if she wasn't able to eat.

Kionroar thought of something. "Adderpaw! Go into the medicine den, and get Borage leaves!"

Adderpaw quickly ran into the medicine den and soon came out with the leaves.

"Okay, now give them to me," Kionroar ordered. Adderpaw gave them to him. Kionroar grabbed a gazelle from the fresh kill pile. He could see the Cougar eyeing it. Kionroar cut open the gazelle's stomach and put the Borage leaves in.

The Cougar's kitten wasn't able to eat, so he wasn't worried about the kitten eating the gazelle. The Borage leaves will get the Cougar produce more milk for her kitten. Kionroar threw the gazelle to them. The female Cougar quickly took it and ran with her kitten close behind.

Kionroar sighed in relief. The rest of the pride slowly walked out of the dens. Kionroar sniffed the air, "Wait a minute."

A Cougar screeched and dashed into the camp. The lionesses rushed the apprentices into the apprentice den.

The Cougar grabbed Baliyoclaw by his scruff and ran back out. Two more Cougars jumped into the camp.

Kionroar snarled and tried to attack, but the Cougars stared at him. "What are you doing?" One asked.

Kionroar was just as confused as them.

Swanpaw stood by her dad, "I think these Cougars are stupid." Kionroar chuckled.

"Stupid! We are not stupid. I am Slash," Slash turned to his brother. "And I'm Debra!" His brother replied. "Oh you idiot," Slash sighed.

"No, my name isn't Idiot. It's Debra."

"No! Your name is Talon!" Slash said, annoyed. "Ooh! That makes sense," Talon laughed.

"So, why are you Cougars not attacking us?" Kionroar asked. Slash and Talon looked at each other. "We are not Cougars. We are lions. Like you," Talon said. Slash nodded.

Kionroar looked at Swanpaw. She hit her face with her paw.

"Let us prove it to you," Slash and Talon walked away and quickly came back with leaves around their necks like manes, "See, we are lions."

The Pride started to laugh.

Ranileaf screamed in anger and attacked them, "You killed my brother!"

"Ranileaf! No! Wait!" Kionroar shouted. Ranileaf growled and backed down.

"Wow. Lionesses are not friendly," Talon said, standing up. "They should be nice to us. I mean, we are lions right," Slash said, nudging his brother.

"Right..." Talon said, almost unconvinced.

Kionroar whispered to Shimmerstar who walked up, "We can use them to take down the others." Shimmerstar nodded, "They'll be perfect."

"Perfect for what?" Talon tilted his head confused. "Perfect lions!" Slash smiled. They high-pawed.

Swanpaw laughed, "This is going to be fun."