~Chapter 11~

Pytrostar growled and looked up at the RoarPride, "Take a step closer and I'll kill him." He placed his paw on Kionroar's throat.

"Kionroar! No!" Featherpaw ran forward and attacked Pytrostar. She slammed into him, but Pytrostar wasn't affected at all. Featherpaw groaned in pain. She tried to get up, but couldn't.

Pytrostar got off Kionroar and stood over Featherpaw.

Brookheart watched from the nursery, "No! Featherpaw!" As she was distracted, the Cougar she was defending her cubs from shoved her against a wall and ran into the nursery.

The rest of the RoarPride was afraid to move.

Pytrostar unsheathed his claws and smirked. He took a single claw and ran into down her stomach. Blood slowly started to pour out of her wound.

Featherpaw cried in agony. "Featherpaw!" Sunpaw tried to run after his sister, but Scorchheart held him back, "There's no use."

Pytrostar bit into Featherpaw's shoulder and ripped her flesh. Tears streamed down her muzzle.

Pytrostar then bit into her neck, but before serious damage was done, Honeyfern charged forward and attacked Pytrostar.

Adderfang stayed back. He didn't want to fight his father. Not ever.

Honeyfern pinned him down while the rest of the pride went to help Eelblaze, Eaglewing, Barkface, Slash, Talon, and Brookheart from the Cougars.

Ranileaf ran to Kionroar, "Are you all right!" He nodded, "I'm fine. You stay out of this fight, understand?" Ranileaf nodded slowly. Kionroar sprinted into the camp.

Pytrostar pinned Honeyfern down, "My own mate trying to kill me? How sad." "You aren't my mate. I was forced to bear you're cubs!" Honeyfern snarled.

Pytrostar shrugged. Then he got ready to pierce his claws into her neck. Ranileaf couldn't watch Honeryfern die. She charged forward and dug her claws into his chest. Pytrostar winced in pain and growled at her.

Honeyfern stood up and both lionesses glared at him. Pytrostar rolled his eye's, "I'll let you guys go. This once. But I promise you. Something much worse is coming your way." He roared and the Cougars retreated.

The Pride gathered around. "How's Brookheart?" Shimmerstar asked. "Unconscious, but okay," Spottedlight replied.

"Featherpaw!" Eelblaze shouted. The pride all looked at him.

Kionroar approached his friend, "Is she all right?" Eelblaze didn't reply. Featherpaw did the talking.

"E...Eelblaze?"

"I'm here. I'm right here," Eelblaze laid beside his daughter. She coughed up blood, "W-Will I be a warrior in...in S-StarPride?"

Everyone knew the answer was no. When you die and descend to StarPride, you keep the name you earned. And Featherpaw had only earned her apprentice name.

"No sweetheart. But you deserve to be a warrior. And you will be. Shineclaw is going to help you and I'll be-"

Featherpaw cut her dad off, "Y-You're proud of me...right?" Eelblaze started crying, "Of course. Since the day you were born."

Sunpaw ran through the crowd and laid by his sister, "Featherpaw?" Featherpaw reached her paw out to touch her brothers, "You, Icecub, Jaguarcub, Eaglewing, Swiftbreeze, And Thornclaw...a-are the best Brothers I could ever ask for."

Eaglewing, Swiftbreeze, and Thornclaw laid by their sister. Icecub, Echocub, and Jaguarcub joined them. They wanted to mourn their sister as well.

"Featherpaw!"

A scream was heard. Brookheart had woken up and ran to her daughter. The entire family was around her.

"No Featherpaw, please stay with us!" Brookheart begged. Featherpaw smiled weakly, "It's...it's nice to...to see my entire family with me. I-I love all of you."

"We love you too, Featherpaw," Eaglewing said, a tear fell down his muzzle. Featherpaw looked at Echocub. Her only other sister, "Be strong...o-our brothers need you." "They need you too!" Echocub cried.

"Featherpaw. You deserve to be a warrior. You're warrior name is, Featherheart," Eelblaze said, choking on his own words.

Featherpaw smiled, "I...I love...you." "We all love you too," Brookheart cried. Featherpaw's head went limp, but her eyes stayed open.

"She's still alive!" Jaguarcub smiled. "No, she isn't. She's gone," Thornclaw replied, tears escaping his eyes.

"NO!" Brookheart screamed. She cried into her daughters fur.

Kionroar stood beside Eelblaze, "This is my fault. I should have fought off Pytrostar." "No, Kionroar. It's not your fault. StarPride had this planned. We just...have to accept it," Eelblaze replied, his voice cracking.

Kionroar sighed and walked away.

Shineclaw and Spottedlight rubbed Rosemary onto Featherpaw's fur. Covering up the deep slash on her stomach.

The Pride gathered around. Slash and Talon joined them.

Shimmerstar spoke, "Featherpaw was...such an amazing apprentice. She tried everything to make the pride proud of her. And we all were. But she kept pushing harder. Eelblaze is right. She did deserve her warrior name. Because she....she was the most noble warrior out of any of us. And deserved her name, more than any of us did."

Eelblaze stood up, "She was my first daughter. And I loved her with everything I had. If...If I had known what would have happened...I-If..." He started crying. "If only I'd known."

Brookheart started to speak, "I was so proud of Featherpaw. She helped Sunpaw heal Ranileaf. Instead of playing, she went to the Medicine den everyday with Sunpaw. Just to help Ranileaf feel better. She was so selfless," Brookheart was going to continue, but tears took over her words.

Eaglewing, Thornclaw, and Swiftbreeze each took a turn talking about Featherpaw. Icecub, Jaguarcub and Echocub were too young to do that though, so they didn't.

Mapleshade and Tigerwhisp took Featherpaw's body out to be buried, while Brookheart cried into Eelblaze's fur. He tried comforting her, but it was hard when he was upset as well.

Ranileaf and Kionroar walked away. "They shouldn't have gone through that," Ranileaf said. "No one deserves to," Kionroar sighed.

Ranileaf burst into tears, "I miss Lightcub!" "I miss her too," Kionroar hugged her.