Chapter 1- The Backstory

Sorcerers had long been forgotten. Witchcraft, and its many practices, had been outlawed long ago. But at this point in juncture, magic was the only thing that can save the world.

Centuries upon centuries had passed where magic was outlawed and punishment typically resulted in death. Consequently, magic had been waning on Frithe.

This was long before Estella's time as a goddess. It occurred around the time of white wizard, Kingston Adonai. Magic on Hertha came slightly after magic on Frithe, but Frithe didn't have separate orders of magic.

All wizards were as powerful as their knowledge of magic. This was why older sorcerers were typically more powerful. Magic on Frithe had a slightly different way of compounding than Hertha, so magic on Frithe was untamed and unpredictable.

As the wizarding world began to diminish, a sorcerer by the name of Bidi Stix rose to power in politics. She kept her magic concealed, but she had a plan to regrow bloodlines of sorcerers. She wanted Frithe to flourish under magic.

Bidi was a princess with almost unlimited funding. She was to be married to the prince of Gerak to merge the two kingdoms. But a woman's voice in this time was typically silenced.

"But mama," Bidi protested as she was informed of the boy she was to be wed to.

"You will do so for the peace between regions," Camille Stix argued, "this marriage could finally mend the relationship between our two kingdoms. And," she furthered, "Arthur is a very good looking boy."

"I'm not interested in boys. I find them repulsive," Bidi huffed.

"Perhaps, one day," Queen Camille said while brushing Bidi's platinum hair out of her face, "you will understand that, as a princess, your duty lies within your people. We elitists don't typically get to marry for love."

"Then why get married?" Bidi quizzed.

"Status, power, title, pick your poison," Camille lightly smiled as she was getting ready to send her child hundreds of miles away. "You will be well taken care of in Gerak," Camille softly said, planting a little peck on Bidi's forehead.

"Arthur isn't even likely to ever become king," she huffed, "I want to be wed to their eldest child if I am to be wed for an alliance," Bidi urged.

"Jon is nearly forty-years-old, that is hardly appropriate," Queen Camille reasoned.

"But you said we don't get married for love, so what difference does it make if I marry an older man?" Bidi quizzed, "why not seek the ultimate power of the throne?"

"Arthur is a good boy. You will do well to be a princess your entire life. I understand your protest, but this is simply the best move for our kingdom. Frithe is in a weakened state at the moment due to the old elvish tribes. Our army has never recovered. Gerak's army is nearly twice the size of our own; we need them as an ally," Camille stated matter-of-factly.

"I will not settle for mediocrity," Bidi hissed in a venomous way.

"You will do as your king tells you," Camille said, "it was he who arranged for this marriage."

"Father doesn't love me," Bidi fussed, "he would trade me for as little as a goat. The fact he was able to forge an alliance with the most powerful region on Frithe was an easy decision for him. He won't lose an ounce of sleep. He is probably preparing the dowry as we speak, collecting gold pieces from the poor as some sort of homage paid to him. He is a corrupt man... how much is my dowry set to be? How much is father paying to rid the kingdom of my presence?"

"Five million," Camille choked.

"Five million what?" Bidi quickly quizzed.

"Gold pieces," Camille replied.