Chapter 9- The Escape

Jax would soon realize that Donyell let Faro out of the cell, but it was too late. They had already been at sea half a day before he realized. Anger filled him, and as the king, he had the power to place a bounty on them. He placed a bounty of fifty gold pieces on Donyell dead or alive. And he placed a one thousand gold piece bounty on Faro, but only if he was still alive. This made many people want to find Faro. But the average person couldn't leave Frithe. Most of them didn't have personal ships, and even if they did, it would still be dangerous.

All forty-two of the Frizian war ships were at sea sinking any boat they saw. The water was not safe. Luckily for Faro, his personal ship was much faster than a war ship. But they stood no chance if they encountered one closely.

Faro and company made it to Gerak safely. They were lucky enough to never encounter a war ship. Although, Captain Curb would have been able to outmaneuver a war ship should the situation arise. Faro told the captain, "this is the end of our road. I release you from my service."

"You're not going back to Frithe?" Curb asked.

"No, it is not safe for me there. Jax is slowly eliminating his entire family. He is erasing us from history. I will not be a duke or lord here, but I will have my life," Faro said.

"I can't go back without you," Curb said, "I would be hung."

"Then don't go back," Faro suggested.

Captain Curb just shook his head and let Faro leave. Faro was walking away, and Curb yelled, "what about the ship?"

Without looking back, Faro yelled, "keep it."

Donyell was a few steps behind Faro. He didn't want to separate, so he followed Faro to the castle. Unwilling to tell Donyell to leave him, he tried to lose him. He didn't wish to remain with him. But Donyell didn't catch the hint. Faro's journey had just begun, and he wanted no ties to the past. But Donyell clung to him.

After they were in the castle, Donyell said, "this is it!" He was excited for his new life.

"You should try to find work in the castle," Faro suggested so he'd lose him.

"I'm right here with you, buddy," Donyell suggested.

"I need to see Bidi in private," Faro tried again to rid himself of the reminder he failed his children.

"I'll wait here," Donyell suggested as he saw a food cart giving away fresh fruit. He walked up to the cart, and just like that, Faro escaped to never be seen by him again.

Faro wanted to forget everything. He was unsure if his daughter was still alive, but Donyell convinced him she was dead. Knowing his entire family was dead made him feel sick, so he tried to suppress it. He would need to talk through it with someone well versed in empathy if he wished to truly move past it, but he tried to swallow it like a flame, but the flame burnt his throat and escaped his lips and grew larger.

Faro needed to see Bidi, but she wasn't addressing the public that day, so he would have to wait. He toured the castle and explored the massive feat in architecture. It was the most beautiful castle he had ever seen, down to the little details.

Vines grew up the walls to give the castle an old, earthy vibe. The rails were topped with little gargoyles, because the king who had this castle built believed gargoyles were the protector of the night. Part of the castle was restricted to visitors, but Faro hoped he would become a permanent resident after he pled his case with his sister.

Faro was never bad to Bidi. She had no bad memories with him in them, but as the only girl, Bidi was often mistreated by the boys. Jax and the others would often bully her, but Faro always stood up for her. And she would be shocked when she saw him in her castle.