Chapter 6- The Blockade

With mounting pressures added to the region, Frithe hadn't allowed any ships into their ports for two weeks now. Their economy was beginning to be crippled. The commoners were becoming stagnant without work. Most of them couldn't afford to stop working, but this played well for Jax's army. Even women were trying to join the army, and Jax was allowing it.

Those who didn't join the army were really suffering. Some of them turned to crime, and the cells were being filled. Jax had to oversee each case, and crime was taking over his day. He devised a way to grow his army faster. For the first time in history, the criminals had a choice. Jax would offer them a way out of jail, but they would have to spend a large amount of time in the army to pay their debts.

Jax was an even better ruler than George, and he was a revolutionary man. Bidi hadn't even thought to let women in the military. His army was rapidly growing, and he now had the largest army in the world, but they were trained poorly. He had the numbers he needed, though, and they were becoming more proficient fighters, but most of them were amateurs.

A few more weeks went by, and Jax was waiting for another invasion. He knew King Vran wanted control of Frithe. He knew his bloodline was in jeopardy. But he refused to lie down and accept defeat.

Vran was also growing a large army. He offered gold to those who would join him, and many decided it was worth it. Vran didn't accept women in his army, but he was quickly growing as well. He sent Quez to the southern districts to ask the other kings to join in his fight. He offered the promise he wouldn't encroach on their land, but they seemed hesitant to accept the offer, but the war would force everyone to decide what side they were on.

Vran wanted the men from the southern territory. They were the only well trained men on the planet. Most soldiers were farmers with swords, and Vran knew if he had ten thousand well trained men, he could put an end to the Stix bloodline and seize Frithe. But the southern kings really didn't want to pick a side. They wanted to remain neutral, but there was no longer a place for neutrality.

Quez came back with uncertainty, so King Vran decided to visit the southern districts himself to make his case to the kings. He needed them to fight with him. But he planned on betraying them after he had what he wanted, because Vran wanted the entire world to fold to him.

He started with King Kace. King Kace ruled the western side of the south. He approached the decrepit king slowly to not startle him. Kace was very old and fragile, and his heir was just waiting for him to die. Kace was one of the oldest people in the entire world. But he still had a relatively sound mind, and no one suggested for his son to rule in his stead. Mostly due to the fact his son was very much not liked by the citizens of the district.

King Kace moaned as he saw King Vran enter his throne room. He knew he was there to ask for his help, but he made it clear to Captain Quez he was unsure to join the war yet. He wanted to be on the winning side, and he wasn't certain who would win the war between the three major forces.

Vran spoke, "my king, I am here with you to plead for your help."

"Why should I help you?" King Kace groaned.

"There will come a time you have no choice to pick a side or perish," Vran argued.

"King Stix offered me a proposal to join him. Why shouldn't I aid him instead?" Kace struggled for breath.

"What did he offer you?" Vran asked.

"He offered to give me Gerak when the war ends," Kace moaned. "What can you offer me?"

"I am unsure of what you desire most. I know you would like to stay in Tortu. Tortu is the richest region in the world. I don't know what to offer you, mighty king. What do you want most?"