.02

Aleks

Blood.

Blood ran everywhere, gallons of the stuff.

Okay maybe that was an exaggeration, but there was entirely too much for James to be any where close to okay. My feet had carried me over to James who had tears sliding down his face, and his teeth gritted as I peeled back layer after layer of sticky crimson stained fabric. His attire for today was definitely ruined.

"Jordan, Spencer, someone!", I call.

There had to be someone else on the office, I couldn't do this alone. Footsteps grow rapidly more heavy, and for a moment I worry I was bound to perish just as James was.

"What happened?", Seamus asks breathless.

In that second I realize how bad it must have looked that I was kneeling next to him, my hands covered in his blood.

"Someone shot him...I came to investigate and I found him like this...call someone...anyone please.", I say.

Seamus gives a hasty nod before scurrying back to his office. James hand clasps mine tightly as he lets out a load moan of pain. My brain works at a fast pace trying to decipher who could have done this and why; I can only come up with one answer that seemed more likely by the second.

"An ambulance is on the way! They said to stay with him, and if at all possible put pressure on it!", Seamus shouts. I nod rapidly looking down at James apologetic for what I was going to have to do. The whisper James let out just before his eyes fluttered shut, and his face contorted into a look of pure misery and pain was unmistakeable.

Seamus joins my side soon after, then police officers flood the scene ordering we stay away from James as they carefully lift him onto a gurney, another visible wave of pain crashing onto his features. I stand silently with Seamus both of us watching as they tote James away, our hands at our side both sporting spots of blood that's not our own.

The only thing that circles through my mind is what James had whispered to me just before Seamus approached us again. His voice was shaken and barely audible, but it was impossible for me not to hear the word that had slipped from his lips; blurryface.

Dan

Walking back into the office after lunch was nothing short of interesting. Jordan was nothing short of livid, and the other guys sat quietly, tension surrounding all of them. Everyone was lined up against a wall in the lobby none of them speaking, instead they just sat there with terrified looks on their faces.

At first glimpse Jordan seems unfazed by my presence then when he catches my eye again he nods toward the wall.

"What's going on?", I whisper taking a seat next to Spencer.

"James was shot...police are investigating the premises.", Spencer replies.

Then I realize why everyone was one edge right now. It also comes to my attention that Aleks, Seamus, and James, of course, are missing from the line up against the wall. Sudden nervousness and shock over takes me as I realize how serious the situation was.

"Where are Aleks and Seamus?"

"They're being questioned, they were the only two here when he was shot. Aleks supposedly found him, and called for help. Seamus was the one to call 911.", Spencer explains.

Nodding my head I can't force anything to come out of my mouth. It was like someone hit mute on a television remote, and so I stayed silent. Jordan came and left the lobby frequently to go check on things or answer questions I assume. The rest of us sat silently while waiting some sort of verdict.

Relief washes over me as Seamus and Aleks walk in looking unscathed psychically but mentally beaten down. They both plop down next to me, and I can really notice just how worn out they were.

"How are things?", I ask softly, too curious to hold my tongue.

"Okay, they can't really do much until they find out what kind of bullet it was. They do believe us though.", Aleks sighs.

His head hits the wall as he looks totally defeated, and I rest a hand on his shoulder trying to provide some sort of comfort.

"I'm sorry Aleks."

"It's okay Dan.", he says.

I can tell it's not truly okay though not only by the look on his face but by the shaking in his voice and the speckles of blood that lie on the cuff of his shirt. This was no doubt hitting Aleks hard.

"Are you guys good to go?", I ask.

"Yeah they said we were.", Seamus confirms.

"Come on Aleks I'll take you to see James."

.

.

It was disheartening to see James lying in bed with his eyes shut tightly with wires funneling various substances into him. Aleks immediately had pulled up a chair to sit next to James his eyes glued to the spot near his shoulder that was exposed with bandaging covering the wound below.

"This sucks.", Aleks mutters.

"It does, I can't imagine how much it hurts to have found him.."

"Blurryface.", Aleks blurts out.

"What Aleks?", my eyebrows furrow not really understanding what the had to do with James.

"Blurryface...it did this too James...he said he didn't believe then he was shot. It's not a game Dan, Blurryface is beyond real.", Aleks mutters.

For some reason I'm not shocked at all. James would be the one to call bullshit on something such as Blurryface. It also perfectly explained the shot, and why Aleks seemed so stressed out.

"Then we have to find out who it is.", I conclude.

"James said it was Blurryface...if he wakes up maybe we can find out.", Aleks says his voice cautious and quiet as he glances around.

"Let's hope Aleks, let's hope."