Part 2: Chapter 35

Islam stylishly pondered the nuances of bridal customs while seated at Tessie's vanity, assisting her in preparing for the upcoming bridal shower. In the North, the term "bridal shower" might be mistakenly perceived as a bride bath, but in Western culture, it symbolizes a festive pre-wedding celebration where the bride's close ones gather to shower her with gifts and well wishes. It's a joyous occasion to celebrate the bride-to-be. Islam's Western friend briefly mentioned the bridal shower, contrasting it with the specific Kamu tradition meant for the groom's family.

Islam looked radiant as Tessie skillfully applied a touch of bronzer, mascara, and eyeliner to enhance her natural beauty, avoiding artificial eyelashes and blush at her request. Tessie's expert hands worked their magic, creating a look that made Islam's eyes sparkle and finished with a nude lip gloss for a subtle touch.

"Look at how you're shining bright," Tessie remarked appreciatively as she stood behind the seat, leaning on Islam's shoulders.

"Thanks to you," Islam replied warmly as Taslim began styling her hair, meticulously combing and crafting it into an elegant chignon before securing it with a red scarf.

The chosen color scheme of red and black set the tone for the event at their old house in Barnawa. Islam wore a silky black slip dress, expertly styled by Taslim.

"Does inviting Sultana make things complicated?" Islam voiced her uncertainty.

"Izzie, please stop stressing yourself about her. We all know Usman loves you a lot. You're just making things complicated and giving yourself gray hair," Taslim reassured, dismissing Islam's concerns as she finished styling her hair.

Taslim then handed Islam her kimono on the hanger, which she gracefully layered over the slip dress. "You look perfect."

"We both do," Islam agreed as they admired themselves in the mirror. Tessie looked stunning in a red sundress with a black scarf elegantly adorning her head, while Islam sported red wedges that added a few inches to her height, making Tessie appear even taller in her black stilettos.

"C'mon, let's go, it's your bridal shower," exclaimed Tessie, playfully dragging Islam out of the house towards the black Mercedes Benz adorned with a big red satin ribbon on the bonnet and vibrant red balloons floating above, adding a touch of sparkle. "Surprise!"

"You're the best, Taslim," Islam praised, showering her with hugs and kisses as they were escorted by the chauffeur. The chauffeur, dressed in a black suit with a bowtie, perfectly matched the elegant black and red theme. Taslim's attention to detail was impeccable.

"I'm the maid of honor, so expect nothing but the best," Taslim boasted proudly.

"So where are we heading?" Islam inquired as she fastened her seatbelt.

"To the venue. I can't believe you're finally going to marry Usman," Taslim remarked, adding a touch more blush to her face.

"Me too," Islam replied shyly, gazing out the window at the lively, sparkling cityscape. "Please, can I get my phone?"

"We all agreed it's a no phone day. Are you scared Usman might be calling? We already settled that," Tessie exclaimed dramatically.

"I'm just nervous and stressed out," Islam huffed.

"Don't worry, tomorrow is the Kamu, and on Tuesday, you're off the market, leaving the team virgin at thirty," Tessie teased humorously.

"Shut up!" Islam exclaimed, and they both burst into laughter.

"It's a good thing we did the bridal shower for friends alone because I don't know how I'd deal with families and aunties on Kamu day," Tessie rolled her eyes.