Chapter 2

I woke up with the worst headache ever. It had to be due the the massive stress of studying science. I texted Zack and told him I wouldn't be able to come for the jog today and that I'd see him in school. I'd have dad drop me and he didn't need to come pick me up.

I was in the hallway in school, keeping my books in my locker and talking to Emma. My closest friend after Zack. Emma was the complete opposite of me. Where I was awkward she was sophisticated and elegant. She has loads of friends and was very popular. Guys asked her out all the time. She was everything I wasn't. But we got along like a house on fire. She had been my neighbour for as long as I could remember and when I needed to talk about girl issues which I couldn't with Zack,I turned to her. I always had her back she always had mine . I was telling her about the massive headache I had when I heard his voice from across the hallway. He shouted my name and came running to me making a complete fool of himself but not caring. Typical Zack. The idiot. "What is wrong with you? Are you having a seizure or something?" I asked slightly annoyed at him cause the entire attention was on us. "Hey I just missed you this morning. Are you alright? Do you want me to talk you the doctor? I will after school or we can always cut class. Your health is more important" he said concerned. I couldn't help but smile at how much he cared. "I'm alright Zack. You don't need to worry. It was just a headache" I told him reassuringly. The worry was still on his face. "Zack she's alright . We're getting late for class so let's hurry up" said Emma pulling me along with her as she headed for class. Zack walked beside us. I and Emma walked into biology and Zack said goodbye to us. I wouldn't see him till break as we didn't have any class together before it. Before he left he told me to take care and I told him I was alright and he didn't need to worry.

He met me at break and as soon as he saw me he hugged me. I laughed. " Someone is really happy to see me" I said grinning. "Yes I am. You have no idea how much. I was worried sick. And I had bad day" he told me looking at me with those sad eyes. How those eyes melted me. It was physically impossible for me to be mad or annoyed at him when he looked at me like that . He knew this and always played the card to gain my sympathy. " What happened?" I asked. He didn't say anything. I knew him too well. He wanted me to pester him to tell me what happened. My drama queen of a friend. I just shrugged and carried on eating my sandwich. Emma came and joined us. She smiled at Zack and asked him why he looked upset. "Oh nothing. You know school stress. The coach making us work extra hard as the big game is coming up and of course my best friend not caring about me at all" he replied melodramatically. Emma looked at me quizzically and I burst out laughing. " And now she finds my sad plight funny" he said again looking annoyed. This made me laugh more. Emma joined in because Zacks reaction was hilarious. He looked like a little child whose candy was taken away. The big baby.

He dropped me home after school. As I was leaving his car he gave me one of his big bear hugs which I loved. They made me feel safe. Like no one could hurt me when I was with Zack. I was so glad I had him. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. I knew he would do anything for me and I would do anything for him. Our relationship couldn't be explained in words. It was so much more than just mere words. We loved each other but there was nothing romantic about it. I wasn't going to lie and say I had never thought about it. My best friend was gorgeous. I obviously had. But that was all it was, just a thought.

" Becky please take care. If there is anything you need at all, call me. Even if it's in the middle of the night" I could hear the concern in his voice. "I'm alright big guy. You know you'll be the first person I call if I ever need anything so don't worry" I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and waved him goodbye. I was indeed lucky to have Zack in my life.