Chapter 9

Zack's POV

I screwed up. Big time. Becky hadn't spoken to me since the night of the football game. I tried calling her but every single one of my calls went to voice mail. I emailed her, inboxed her, sent her letters, tried talking to her in school, even turned up at her house but all to no use. She wasn't even ready to listen to me. Emma told me she broke up with Finn and explained the entire incident to me. I felt guilty knowing just how hurt she must have been that day. First she ends things with her boyfriend and then I snap at her. But I was mad at her, she knew how important this game was to me and how much I needed for her to be there. She doesn't know the disappointment I felt when I didn't see her in the stands even once throughout the entire game. I was drunk. She can't really blame me. Yes I agree what I said was wrong, specially in front of all those people but I was really piss drunk. I was trying so hard to make it right but she just didn't want to listen.

Why was I so adamant about screwing things up with the person who had always been there for me since we were kids. This was the second time I had hurt Becky. Knowing that I had made her cry that night was gnawing at me inside. All I really wanted to do was hug her and make things alright again. But she wasn't even willing to speak to me. How did things get so messed up in such a short span of time? I couldn't help but blame myself for it. If I hadn't given her such a hard time about Finn in the beginning all this would have never happened.

I was thinking about how to get Becky to talk to me again when I spotted her. I ran up to her hoping she would listen just this once. " Becky please listen. Let me explain" she ignored me and kept walking. " Becky will you please respond. I can't take the silent treatment anymore. How much more sorry can I be? I've tried everything to make it up to you. Please just listen." No response still. " Becky please. Say something. Anything." I begged her. She stopped and looked at me. " I have nothing to say to you anymore Zack." she replied calmly. Her face was expressionless. For the first time in my life, I couldn't read her.

Becky's POV

I was numb inside. I didn't feel anything anymore. I was done crying for those two. I trusted and loved Finn and Zack the most and they were the ones to hurt me. Finn I could even understand but Zack? It wasn't even about the game anymore. He'd been behaving this way since I met Finn, the drunken shouting was just the last straw in our relationship. I didn't need them, I didn't need anybody. I had always been the good girl. The one who never got in trouble, the one who always got good grades. Well it was time to change that. It was time that this good girl did something rebellious for once. Hugo was throwing a party again. How many parties did the guy throw? But I decided this party was the perfect time to show my wild side. I quickly got dressed and left for the party

This was party was just like the last one. Lots of drunk people around, people making out like there was no tomorrow. I was a little uncomfortable but decided I had to go through with it. I decided to get something to drink. I had never been drunk before so I decided beer would be fine. I sat at the bar quietly drinking my beer when Harry came at sat next to me. Harry Murray, the known player and bad boy of our school. Normally I wouldn't associate myself with someone like him but at this moment he was exactly who I was looking for. " Why is a pretty girl like you sitting alone?" he asked me. " This party is boring. Was waiting for something fun to happen" I winked at him. " Which beer are you on? " "My first one" he laughed at this. " Sweetheart in order to have fun, you need to be drunk first. Let's get you some shots." Normally I would never do shots but I wasn't thinking rationally. As the shots came out, Harry said "After you darling" " Gladly" I replied picking up my first ever shot of vodka.