one - sculpted by the gods

read the intro please

Jake really should've listened to Niki.

He was currently stuck in an 8 am physics class, truly about to pass out. At the time of registering he thought it would be best for him to get his classes over earlier so he had more time in the day. Niki made it very clear that he would regret it, but he chose not to listen to him. Sue him for wanting to have more free time.

As the teacher was talking about god knows what, there was a knock on the door. The teacher seemed to know who it was as he made his way over to the door with a smile. (Jake hoped it was some sort of officer to get him out of his class), but to his surprise, in walked a boy.

Jake swore he heard angels sing and light cast down as the boy walked into the classroom. He has never seen someone look that beautiful in his entire life.

"Everyone, this is Park Sunghoon, he'll be joining our class as of today. Mr. Park here is deaf so I ask for your support." The teacher turns to Sunghoon, "You can sit wherever you like."

Once the teacher stopped talking, Sunghoon looked around and only saw two seats, one all the way in the back and one right beside Jake. Assuming that sitting at the back of the room was bad, Sunghoon made his way over to the middle of the room, sitting beside Jake. He gave him a small smile (good lord even his smile is breathtaking), looking back at the teacher.

Jake knew this lesson was important. He truly tried his best to focus. But apparently his brain didn't want anything to do with stats and everything to do with Sunghoon. He wanted to blame this on the class being boring, but he knew it wasn't true.

Eventually, Jake was interrupted by the sound of people closing their computers and putting away their books. He guessed daydreaming about people was a great way to pass time.

As he was cursing at himself for not listening, he heard the aggressive sound of a computer closing and a huff coming from the boy beside him, probably oblivious to how loud the sound was.

The noise made Jake look over to see the frustrated Sunghoon. Jake took a breath, tapping him on the shoulder. The action startled Sunghoon, making him look back at Jake with a confused expression.

Jake started talking, making sure he was facing Sunghoon, trying to make it easier for him to understand. "Is everything okay? You kinda slammed your books closed." Upon realizing what Jake said, Sunghoon sheepishly rubbed his neck. He slowly grabbed a pen from his bag, scribbling something down at the bottom of a page, pointing to it when he looked back at jake.

"I couldn't understand what the teacher was saying. He was talking too fast and he kept turning his back to us" Jake frowned at that, the teacher could've been a bit more aware of Sunghoon being in the class. Before Jake could respond, Sunghoon started writing something else. "An interpreter usually comes to me with my classes, but he was sick today."

Jake made a sound of understanding before turning his back, pulling out his phone to hand to Sunghoon. He looked between the phone and Jake with an eyebrow raised. Suddenly understanding what that action could imply, Jake started frantically explaining. "I can send you pictures of my notes if you want! This class is difficult and you just joined... it's the least I could do."

Sunghoon chuckled at his odd behaviour while putting his number into Jake's phone. He gave it to Jake, signalling to text him to make sure it works.

Jake
hi

Sunghoon
good
I guess it worked

Jake
yup!
I can send you my notes when I get home

Sunghoon
that would be awesome
thank you

Jake
it's no problem I swear :))

Sunghoon
have fun in the rest of your classes

Jake
you too!

Sunghoon smiled at him, giving him a small wave as he walked out of the room.