sixteen - can we go for a walk?

"Jay, I don't think I can do this."

Today was the day. Soon the rest of the guys were going to come over tonight to Jay and Jake's dorm for Sunghoons birthday. They did this quite often so the only difference would be the presence of cake and birthday gifts.

For events like this, they'd usually go out to a club but Sunghoon's birthday was just days before finals, so everyone agreed it wasn't the smartest option.

Jake was so happy that he could celebrate Sunghoons birthday, but this day also meant that he was going to confess, hence the freakout.

Jay sighed for what felt like the hundredth time. "Jake you'll be fine! You've practiced more times than I can count. I could probably recite the whole thing at this point." The last part Jay had bitterly mumbled to himself.

"Yes I know! But this has to be perfect Jay, I can't mess it up." Jay slightly shook his head before walking up to Jake to place both hands on his shoulders. "You and I both know that Sunghoon doesn't expect perfection and that he'll be so happy to hear what you have to say."

Jake opened his mouth to challenge him but Jay put his hand up to silence him. "Sunghoon listens to you talk about your stupid math formulas all day, the fact that he willingly listens to that should tell you a lot."

The doorbell rang and Jay rushed away before Jake could curse him out.

—————

After getting up from his intense Mario kart game with Niki and Heeseung, Sunghoon quickly realized that Jake was nowhere to be found.

He saw Jay in the kitchen, deciding to walk over and ask about Jake's whereabouts. If anyone was gonna know, it would be him.

Jay let out a huff once he asked where Jake had gone. "Good lord he's hiding again?" Sunghoon scrunched his face, confused. "I'm going to kill him I swear- I'll go get him, he's probably in his room."

Sunghoon quickly put a hand on Jay's arm to stop him, motioning to the door while pointing to himself. Jay quickly understood, patting Sunghoon on the back before walking away.

Once he got to the door, it was already open a crack so he was able to peek in and see Jake face down on his bed all spread out. Sunghoon assumed he was sleeping until he kicked his legs out in what looked like frustration.

He didn't know if he should be worried or weirded out, regardless he went and tapped on Jake's shoulder, causing him to yelp and fall out of the bed.

Jake was staring up at him from the floor with a look of horror. "When did you get here!?" Sunghoon gently shook his head, helping Jake get up. "You've got to stop doing that." Sunghoon was very good at sneaking up on people. He never did it intentionally though, he was apparently just a really quiet walker.

After Jake finished fixing his shirt, he started at Sunghoon. He didn't rush Jake to talk as it looked like he was contemplating something.

Out of nowhere, Jake straightens up. "Can we go for a walk?"

Sunghoon slowly nodded as he was still slightly thrown off by all of Jake's mood changes in the past five minutes.

"Great, let's go." Jake grabbed his hand, dragging him out the door.