We are more Alike than You Think

Tanjiro and Nezuko were then transported to a forest. They were supposed to be transported to Gyutaro's and Daki's location, but they couldn't find them anywhere. Sighing, he looks at his sister with concern.

Tanjiro: Nezuko, are you alright? Are you hurt in any way?

Nezuko shakes her head.

Nezuko: I'm fine Onii-Chan. But, I feel different. Before you got turned into a demon, my memories were blurry except for my memories with you. Now my mind is more clearer, yet I feel more constricted.

Tanjiro was worried that Muzan finally put his curse on his sister. He can't go against him now unfortunately. They then heard a familiar laugh from their right.

Gyutaro: I see you're finally here. Glad that Muzan-Sama didn't kill you in an instant. Didn't want my new friends dead immediately.

Tanjiro glares at the grinning Gyutaro. Within an instant he lunged at Gyutaro, summoning his blood katana and slashed at Gyutaro. Gyutaro intercepted the attack with his sickles with a wide smile.

Gyutaro: Is that your demon art? It's a nice one. And you gotten a lot stronger. 

Tanjiro said nothing as he delivered a second slash, this time with water breathing.

Tanjiro: Mizu no Kokyu, Ichi no kata: Minamo Giri! (First Form: Water Surface Slash)

Instead of water it was actually blood that enveloped the blade as he slashed at him. Gyutaro still managed to block the slash with ease.

Gyutaro: Incredible technique! Your skills have really improved! No doubt that you no longer have to rely on your little sister!

Still angry, Tanjiro continued to attack at Gyutaro who in turn continued to block and intercept each slash with no issue, before he kicked Tanjiro at blazing speeds and he was sent flying through several trees.

Gyutaro: Unfortunately for you, I got stronger too.

Nezuko: Tanjiro! 

Nezuko immediately ran towards her brother. Tanjiro then got up and summoned another blade before he felt the embrace of his sister.

Nezuko: Please stop, Onii-Chan! I don't like to see you struggle or in pain! You can't beat him....

Nezuko was in tears while hugging her brother. Tanjiro froze for a few minutes before embracing his sister.

Tanjiro: Okay Nezuko... I won't attack him anymore.

Gyutaro and Daki began walking towards them with grins on their faces.

Daki: You really think you can beat us? We've been uppermoons for a hundred and thirteen years. 

Gyutaro: Now, now, Daki. That's not how you treat our new friends. I have to say, you impressed me. You only recently became a demon and are bound to grow stronger. I can't really say you're the same pathetic man I saw before.

Gyutaro snickers as Tanjiro glares at him with his glowing red eyes. 

Gyutaro: You still bitter about me killing your former allies? You have new ones now. And when I said when you became a demon that we'll be friends...

Gyutaro grins as he held out his hand for a handshake.

Gyutaro: I meant it. We can actually be friends.... Tanjiro.

Tanjiro stared at his hand as he felt his anger grow. Did he actually think that he'll just leave the past behind and become his friend?! Gyutaro then put down his hand as he sighed.

Gyutaro: You know Tanjiro, we are more alike than you think.

Tanjiro was confused at this. In what ways were they similar.