Chapter 4: Circular Motion and How This Affects LeBron's Legacy

Jayden's POV

Jayden turned the SC20 doorknob and entered to a series of head turns: the same disregardful looks as usual. However, second glances arose at the glimpse of the new student.

Y/n seated themself at the back row, next to William, while Peicheng projected a razor-sharp stare towards Jayden, as expected. He followed by tapping the vacant seat next to him, unblinking as ever. With a sigh, Jayden obliged.

The lesson on circular motion commenced, Peicheng nicked one of Jayden's pens, before extending his hand.

"Gimme food," he demanded coldly.

"I don't have any," Jayden replied.

"Nah, show me, show me,"

Jayden unzipped his bag, and without hesitation, Peicheng reached in and retrieved his lunchbox. Diving in, he took out a packet of Harvest Snaps and a container of Arnold's crackers. Jayden noticed y/n watching Peicheng feasting on the snacks, but Jayden as usual did not flinch, continuing to fill out the blanks in the physics notebook.

After 5 minutes of doing example questions in the green book, Peicheng reached over and pinched Jayden's arm. The move was painful for him, but he once again did not react.

"Jayden TEE, say 'let's go Lakers!'"

Peicheng and Mike, who was sitting to his left, were watching a live broadcast of the Lakers vs. Nuggets. The Lakers were down 2 points.

"Let's go Nuggets," Jayden snarkily replied. He knew the consequences of his actions, but as Jax always said, 'We do a little trolling.'

Peicheng wrapped his arm around Jayden's neck in a headlock. Jayden attempted to escape but it was to no avail. The pen that he was writing with had been knocked out of place mid-sentence, leaving a trail of ink from his right hand, while his left hand futilely clawed at Peicheng's arm, desperately trying to pry it away from his neck.

Eventually, Peicheng let go but only followed up with the signature extended hand. Jayden said nothing.

"Gimme food," Peicheng said again.

"I already gave you food," Jayden replied.

"Nah, 5... 4... 3..."

Jayden continued with the circular motion problems in the green book.

"2..."

Before even reaching "1" Peicheng had put Jayden in another headlock. This cycle continued until the bell rang. By then, Jayden was visibly frustrated but simultaneously relieved that the period was over.
Just as he turned to leave he overheard Peicheng calling out to William as he normally did when he turned to leave.

"Yo, Japanese!" He yelled. "BAKULUO! OMAE WA!"

The usual remarks were dismissed by William - Jayden anticipated another headlock from Peicheng as he walked out the door, but it never came. At that realization, Jayden turned around to see him facing y/n, murmuring something that was inaudible in the post-bell pandemonium of the classroom. Somehow, Jayden knew something terrible was going to happen.

"Jayden TEE!" Peicheng exclaimed.

Jayden jolted back into attention.

"What?"

"I kill you!"

Jayden was unfazed, as these were was Peicheng's usual parting words after Physics class. Despite the visible frustration enveloped within the walls of Jayden's cranium, he kept to his whim of indifference.
And at that, Jayden turned to leave. However, unlike him, that ice cold premonition did not leave.