Chapter 6 - Ghostly Dreams

The Musician

A forest. Dark and cold, with leaves falling, dying. Why are all the leaves falling, when there is no wind? I cannot seem to find my way out, but I don't want to. I need to find something. I hear a voice in the distance. Quiet, faint, calling. Where are they? "Help me..." There, to the right. There she is. She's ghostly pale and frowning, and her eyes are leaking slow, sad, tears.  She's beautiful, yet so sad. "Who are you?" I whisper... She shakes her head. "Help me." she whispers once more. I try to walk towards her yet she fades away. "Wait!" I yell out, frantic. "Help me.." I turn around and see her once more. This time I stop, and don't try to approach. "Help you how?" She blinks and slowly looks around. "I am lost. Help me. Find me." I cannot help but feel drawn to her, this ghostly mirage. She's pale as the snow that lies on the ground, with brown hair that is slowly dancing on an unseen wind. Her dress is nearly as white as her skin. "I don't know who you are... I don't know how to find you! Who are you, please tell me!" I choke out desperately. She chokes out a sob and falls to her knees. Red splotches begin to appear sporadically on her dress, growing darker and redder. Like blood. She looks up to me once more. "I don't know... I don't know who I am." she whispers as she falls. I get up and try to go to her, but she fades into the snow leaving only a dark, angry, red, spot.

"Wait!" he yelled as he sat up straight in bed.  He looked around slowly, the world coming into focus once more. Only his room.  He breathed deeply a few times to calm himself, and whipped his blankets off. Covered in sweat. He sits there confused, reflecting upon his dream. He  wasn't sure if it was only because of the dream, but that girl... she was so familiar. Was it really just a dream, or something more?