➣ six.

CH. 6 | DID I MENTION

DESPITE HAVING MAL heavy on his mind, Amor was having a good time out on the tourney field

DESPITE HAVING MAL heavy on his mind, Amor was having a good time out on the tourney field. He was glad to be working together with Jay, Carlos, and Deimos.

"Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field," the game announcer said into a microphone.

"I'm open!" Ben shouted.

"Jay makes a nice pass to Prince Ben through the kill zone," the announcer said.

"Jay!" Amor called.

"Big block by Chad!" the announcer said. "Prince Amor moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot!" He then says, "Oh, what a save by Philip the Faalcons' goalkeeper!"

"Come on! All right, all right, let's do it!" Ben said.

"Come on, guys! Come on, hustle, hustle!" Coach Jenkins told them.

"23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to Prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Deimos through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Deimos, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Deimos," the announcer said.

"Hey, Jay!" Carlos said.

"Carlos?" Jay asked.

"Go up! Ben!" Carlos shouted.

The announcer said, "He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay, Deimos, and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn-"

Amor had taken the microphone, and said, "Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?"

Maisie stopped cheering with the other cheerleaders, looking at her best friend in confusion.

Amor looked at the crowd for a second before saying, "There's something I'd like to say." He paused for a second. "Give me an 'M'!"

"M!"

"Give me an 'A'!" Amor said.

"A!"

"Give me an 'L'!" Amor said.

"L!"

Maisie's eyes widened in shock. Is this why he was acting weird? she thought.