➣ seven.

CH. 7 | FIRST DATE

AMOR RAN to Maisie's dorm room, and knocked on the door rather loudly

AMOR RAN to Maisie's dorm room, and knocked on the door rather loudly. The door opened, revealing Maisie. "What is it? Why'd you knock so loud? Is something actually wrong unlike the last time you knocked that loud?" she said.

Amor nodded. "Yes, something is actually wrong. I'm about to pick Mal up for our date, and I don't have the slightest clue what to say to her once I see her. You're the expert, you tell me what to say."

Maisie sighed, then said, "Oh, come on. You know what to say. We've gone over this every time you've gone out on dates before."

"Oh, yeah, right," Amor nodded. He then said as if he were reciting something, "No matter what a person looks like, no matter what they're wearing, no matter if they're wearing makeup or not, tell them they look great."

"Oh," Maisie said, putting her hand on her heart. "I am truly touched." She then put her hands on the sides of Amor's face, saying, "I raised you well."

Amor chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Okay, I should go now."

Maisie nodded in agreement. As Amor walked out, she called to him, "Go get her, tiger!"

Amor chuckled as he rolled his eyes, closing the door behind him. He walked to Mal and Evie's dorm room, and knocked.

The door opened, revealing Mal. She was wearing a purple dress and black leather jacket. Amor stared at her in awe. "Wow..." he started. "You look amazing. I think I actually understand the difference between hot and beautiful now."

Mal scoffed, then giggled.

"You ready?" Amor asked.

Mal nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay, then," Amor smiled softly. He reached his hand out for her. "Let's go."

━ ✥ ━

Amor and Mal were walking to where there date was. Mal had asked Amor where, but he told her it was a surprise, which made Mal more nervous than she already was because she wasn't the biggest fan of surprises.

"What's something that not even your friends know about you?" Amor asked her as they walked.

"Um... My middle name is Bertha," Mal told him.

"Bertha?" Amor said.

"Yeah. Bertha. Just my mom doing what she does best. Being really, really evil. Mal Bertha," the purple-haired girl replied.

"Mine's Ambrose," Amor said.

"Ambrose?" Mal questioned. "Like Briar Rose?"

"I guess," Amor said. "My dad picked my middle name, so I guess it was his way of honoring my mother."