➣ eight.

CH. 8 | A FIASCO

IT WAS FAMILY DAY

IT WAS FAMILY DAY. Things were definitely sour between Amor and his sister. Audrey had pretty much been giving him the silent treatment. He had tried to get through to her, but his sister was just too stubborn.

Him, Wren, Maisie, Ben, and the other Auradon kids performed a rendition of Lumiere's song, 'Be Our Guest'.

Amor was chatting with Evie, Mal, and Maisie while Jay, Carlos, and Wren were definitely enjoying some sweets. As much as Amor wanted to join the three boys, he didn't want to risk his favorite pink blazer getting ruined by a chocolate fountain.

Ben was introducing Deimos to his parents. Earlier that day, Ben had told Amor that he and Deimos were officially boyfriends.

Although, Amor was happy for Ben, he didn't really like the fact that he asked Deimos out the same day that he broke up with Audrey. Even though Amor and his sister aren't on the best of terms right now, he knows she's hurting a lot because of the break up. If only Audrey weren't so upset with him, he'd be able to comfort her.

Currently, everyone was now in the courtyard for a game of croquet. However, Amor decided not to play. He was chatting with Wren.

"I take it those two finally made up," Wren said, pointing to Maisie and Chad who were chatting while having their arms around each other.

"It certainly looks like it," Amor said. "I just hope Chad will learn to trust her more. Even though, he gets on my nerves sometimes, I can tell he makes her happy."

"Our sister's happy, we're happy," Wren said with a smile.

"Absolutely," Amor replied.

A moment passed by before Wren said, "Who's the guy that kissed Maisie, anyways?"

"Red Riding Hood's son," Amor told him.

Wren's eyes widened. "Shut up! Eddie Hood? He has the worst track record with the girls around here."

"I know," Amor said.

"I am so kicking his ass later," Wren said.

Amor was about to say something, but he heard the voice of his grandmother shout, "You!" He saw her looking directly at Mal. Oh, great. This can't be good, he thought.

"How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?" Queen Leah asked.

Amor, Ben, and Deimos all rushed over. Amor put his arm around Mal's shoulders, saying, "Grandma, it's alright. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal."

"Are you actually friends with this girl?" Queen Leah asked in disbelief.

Audrey cut in, stating bitterly, "No, she's his new girlfriend."

"What?!" Queen Leah said in shock. "Amor, how could you? What would your mother have to say about this?"

"Unlike you, she's actually supportive of the choices I make and doesn't judge me and make me feel like a burden," Amor retorted.