Chapter 11 - Impassioned

I'm still sitting on the floor, my back against the door. As I'm looking around, I notice various things.

A bed in the far right against the wall, a large portrait on the middle wall in front of me, a desk and chair to my left, a plain dresser next to me on my right. And I think I saw a door next to the head of my bed, in the corner. It must lead to the bathroom.

I get up onto my feet and head for the door. I open it and I was right. It's a bathroom. It's very plain and dull. Everything in here is grey, different shades of grey and black. Concrete floors, concrete basin.

The shower is small and the toilet is right next to it, then the basin is on the wall beside it. At least there's a mirror in here. I can't look at myself. I can't look at anyone right now.

I decide that I'll freshen up. I really need it after travelling nonstop for 8 days.

I remember seeing a pair of clean clothes sitting on the bed before I walked in. I get started on cleaning myself. Brushing out my hair, showering and putting on new fresh clothes.

After I've done all of what I felt was needed to get back to my normal self again, I decide it's time to find out where I'm supposed to go for food.

I leave my room and I notice everyone walking towards one direction. I follow. Eventually we all end up in a large cafeteria. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to behave, so I keep my eyes glued to the floor and I try to stay as invisible as possible.

"I see you've found the cafeteria."

My blood begins to boil when I recognize the voice. His voice. Bellamy's voice.

I turn around so that I can face him. My hands start to shake, I immediately move them to my sides to keep them steady. "Why do you keep trying to get back into my life, Bellamy? Can't you take a hint? I don't want you here." I hiss at him. The words leave my mouth, bitter.

He looks taken aback. Then his face starts to heat up. "How many times do you want me to apologize, Cleo? When will enough be enough? Don't you realize why you're here? Why we're all here?"

I take a step closer to him, I want to make sure he can hear me. "I can never, I will never forgive you."

He's gritting on his teeth, his voice is shaky. "You know just as well as I do that it was an accident."

"Accident or not Bellamy!" I almost lose my voice as I yell at him. "I can never get my family back! Never!" My voice fails me at the last word.

Warm tears are streaming down my face, I can't do anything to pull them back. I can't do anything to stop them.

I storm past him and run as fast and as far as my legs will carry me. I need to get out of here.