Chapter 47 - Renew

___Cleo___

"Radio silence since we left the base." Marc says, hopelessly. "I don't know what to do anymore. I just can't get any station to answer, if there are any."

Bellamy brings his fingers to his temple and squeezes. He lets out a deep breath. "Well, do I don't know what to do either." He folds his hands in front of his chest, his muscles become pronounced. "We're stranded. Either we return to my father's base or we stay here. And the only way that I'll go back, will be over my dead body."
"Then I guess we're staying." Marc gets up onto his feet. "We'll have to do some renovations as this camp was really only built for a temporary stay. And we'll have to put up some sort of wall to keep all of the irradiated creatures out. Question is, are we capable of building something sturdy enough?"

My thoughts trail off as Bellamy and Marc discuss how to build and improve our campsite. I sit down on a log and stare at my feet. I'm trying to take everything in. ______________________________________
It's night now. Bellamy has made a fire and we're all sitting around it, trying to keep warm. Angelica's blonde hair always shimmers. Even in the dark where the only light we have is our fire.
She sits across from Bellamy and me. She sits next to Marc, fondling his hair and laughing with him. Something inside me turns and moves uncomfortably. My heart misses a few beats and my palms are sweaty.

I should look away. But I can't and I watch as Angelica plants a kiss on Marc's lips. It was quick but it was unmistakingly there.

There was something, even though we never said it to each other. Still, he drew memories in my mind that I can never replace.