04 - - hanging out with KEL

SUNNY shook his head and snapped out of his little trance,

KEL looked down at him, grinning with his same goofy smile.

KEL lead them into the store, the air conditioning hitting their exhausted faces. KEL ran off, zipping around the aisles, trying to scope out a good gift.

SUNNY strolled into the reading section. His hand traced the spines of the books as he walked by.  He stopped and pulled out a book, it read "CAPT. SPACEBOY ADVENTURES!". SUNNY sighed, opening the crisp old book and skimming through the pages.

"WOAH! is that CAPT SPACEBOY?!"
a familiar voice yelled from behind SUNNY, as the book was snatched from his hands.

The small boy turned around to face KEL, who was excitedly skipping through the book. SUNNY smiled. He then turned around and continued looking through the books as. his loyal friend followed behind him, eyes still glued to the comic.

SUNNY stopped as he picked out another book, a cookbook, and started looking through it.

"Whats that SUNNY?"

KEL questioned, peering over the shorter boy's shoulder.

"Awesome! A cookbook! That remond me of when Hero and Mari used to cook for us, Mari made the BEST cookies..."

KEL sighed and snapped out of his trance.

"We should get this for him!"

KEL grabbed the book from SUNNY and dashed up to the front counter, leaving SUNNY tripping on his own feet trying to catch up.

"Ah- i think i left my wallet at home SUNNY.., do you think you could cover me this once? Ill pay ya back!"

KEL scratched the back of his head and did that goofy smile that made SUNNYS day.

SUNNY nodded.

"Great!"

KEL said, snatching a wad of cash from SUNNY and giving it to the cashier eagerly.

The cashier handed KEL a bag and some coins, which he shoved in his pocket, and the boys were on their way.

The store bell dinged as the duo walked out, back into to heat. KELS hand brushed SUNNYS. KEL looked to opposite direction before grabbing SUNNYS hand and pulling him out of the parking lot.

The walk back home was nice, besides the sweltering heat outside, they held onto each others hands, hoping the other wouldn't notice.

Once they arrived at their houses, KEL waved a big goodbye,

"BYE SUNNY! SEE YOU TOMORROW!"

SUNNY smiled as he closed his door.