CHAPTER THIRTEEN

- CHAPTER THIRTEEN -
"IT TAKES MORE THAN LOVE TO HURT LIKE THIS."

Beth sat in the back before her Extreme Rules match with Becky later that night

Beth sat in the back before her Extreme Rules match with Becky later that night. The natural ginger had found a seat on an empty moving box so she could wrap her knuckles with black tape to match her dark ring gear and winged-out smokey eye.

She had told her stylist that she wanted a revenge outfit, and that's exactly what she got.

"Beth!" a screechy voice rang through her ears. She didn't need to see the blonde hair to know it was Charlotte.

Normally, Beth Lynch would do anything to avoid talking to the Queen. However, these were different times. Charlotte wanted to get back at Becky by targeting Beth, and now Beth was angry.

"Charles," she answered, happier than her enemy-of-sorts had expected. "Just the person I wanted to see. It took you long enough to find me, you know. I was beginning to think you were actually giving up on the idea of ruining my life."

"Ruining your life?" Charlotte laughed, her big, white smile practically blinding the Irishwoman. "Beth, I'm disappointed in you. I thought you Lynch women were better."

"Better?" she asked, amused.

Charlotte smirked at the confidence of the younger girl. She hadn't had this spunk to her previously that she did now. Little did she know, Beth was angry. She had no one left.

"I'm simply trying to show you that Becky Lynch is not the person you think she is. Finn Bálor was just an added bonus," she replied.

Beth shook her head. "I don't know what you think you know—"

"—I don't think anything," she cut her off, raising her voice over hers. "I know you trained under Finn back in Dublin. I know you worked with Finn at New Japan until suddenly, you vanished. I know that in the few weeks you've been apart of this company, Finn has wanted absolutely nothing to do with you in person but behind the scenes, all he's tried to do is get Becky to stop screwing over your chances."

Beth looked on, stunned. Becky wouldn't have done anything with their storyline—she couldn't. It was Vince, she was sure of it. "Becky is not screwing over my chances," she deflected, trying to avoid the topic of Finn.

"Think about it, Beth! The false finish at Money in the Bank? Becky's continuous effort to push you away after that? Becky's been trying to get you out ever since you got here," she further explained the Irishwoman.

Beth scoffed, telling herself it couldn't be true though the pounding of her heart proved otherwise. "She wouldn't."

"But she would," Charlotte smiled. "You know that, I know that, and Finn knew that, too. That's why I saw him standing outside Vince's office before your match. He waited for Becky to leave. He knew she convinced Vince to change the ending, and she knew Finn couldn't tell you because he couldn't hurt you. That's why he consoled you after the match."