CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN -
"LOVE ME FOR ALL I AM."

Finn leaned on the ropes, drinking his water as he caught his breath

Finn leaned on the ropes, drinking his water as he caught his breath. Sweat rolled down his face as he wiped his forehead with his towel. He had been sparring in the ring with Luke and Karl, just like he did most days in the Performance Center.

"Luke," Karl spoke up, a hint of humor in his voice, "is it just me, or is Finny boy here actually tired?"

The duo laughed as Finn shared a chuckle. Finn was very physically fit, everyone knew that. His body was a temple—he took extreme care of it, which is why he was nearing his forties and yet he looked the same as he did at twenty-five.

His friends had always joked with him on his physical health. Finn supposed he earned it, seeing as all of the times he opted out of eating out because he meal prepped.

"Ah, give him a break, Karl," Luke responded, rolling back into the ring. He held a mischievous smile as his hands fell to Finn's shoulders and moved him around aggressively. "He's been staying up late with Beth."

Finn shook his head. "I don't know what you guys are talking about," he deflected.

"Come on, Finn," Luke argued. "We might be stupid, but it's obvious that something is going on between you two."

"You might be stupid," Karl spat at Luke, jokingly, as he jumped into the ring as well. "But Finn, man, it is really obvious that you have a thing for her."

"We're not fourteen anymore; a girl and a guy can just be friends," Finn continued, his eyes finding Beth over with a personal trainer. He was a new trainer Beth was trying out as she recovered from her surgery, seeing as she needed to stay strong while recovering.

Finn had never met the trainer, personally, but he had heard good reviews. Judging by Beth's slight smile, he was all right.

Rolling his eyes, Karl smacked the Irishman on the back of his head. "You're as good of friends with Beth as I am with my wife."

The trio laughed as Finn looked away from the girl and back towards Karl. "You guys think you're real funny, don't you?" Finn teased, chuckling.

"Hilarious, in fact," Luke answered. "For real, though, Finn, what's going on?"

The Irishman was indeed conflicted. He had promised Beth to keep their relationship a secret, and before their second go, Finn had been the one to force her to keep it. He supposed it was ironic that they turned the tables; now all he wanted was to show her off.

When Finn admitted to AJ that he had been an item with Beth ten years ago, and it ended with Charlotte Flair exposing the duo and threatening to end not only their careers, but their friendships, too. But, with how accepting Luke and Karl seem to be, Finn wondered how bad it could be, after all.

After much contemplation, the Irish accent finally answered. "We decided to keep it quiet. After everything that happened with her and Becky, I just didn't want her to deal with any issues in the media or anything," Finn admitted, withholding some truth but not feeling inherently guilty.