CHAPTER SIX

- CHAPTER SIX -
"YOUR ENEMIES ARE ALSO YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS."

It had been the day of Money in the Bank, with the backstage area of the arena full of workers trying to make the experience as easy-going as possible

It had been the day of Money in the Bank, with the backstage area of the arena full of workers trying to make the experience as easy-going as possible. Wrestlers had moved into catering, or the locker rooms; anything to not be in the way of the other personnel. However, Finn found himself resting against the white, brick wall as he faced the door of Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

While he didn't want to admit to watching Becky walk into the office, he had caught sight of her orange hair from down the hallway and let his curiosity get the best of him. He questioned why the older Lynch would be so adamant on scoring a meeting with the boss by herself when her sister should be in there as well.

Finn winced as he saw AJ come around the corner.

"Hey, Finn," the southern accent spoke, holding his hand out for a 'too sweet'. Finn gave a small smile as he returned the hand gesture, trying not to draw attention to his actions.

"AJ, what's up?" his Irish accent responded.

AJ's blue eyes wondered what the Irishman had been up to, seeing as he was watching the door in front of them. Furrowing his brows, he spoke, "I could be asking you the same question."

Stunned and flustered, Finn tried to casually play his actions off. "I was just hanging out, is all," he said.

AJ's teeth began to show as he smiled, shaking his head with a chuckle. Finn had intentions, ones that he was trying to hide, and he would figure them out. "I've known you for long enough to know you're lying, Finn. What are you doing?" he asked, causing Finn to sigh.

He didn't want to tell AJ the truth because he knew he would ask questions once again about Beth, a secret he intended to keep for their protection and his own selfish reasons.

Beth Lynch was a part of his life that no one could take away from him. Though many thought that he was a player and always settled for one night stands, he had been in a relationship. It was special. It was his.

Until he ruined it, just as much as she did.

He should be over Beth, but he's not, and it's eating him up inside thinking about how it hurts him when Becky hurts her. He shouldn't care as much as he does. So, why can't they just be together?

"I saw Becky go in there by herself, and I thought it was weird since Beth should be there, too. Especially if they're talking about the match for tonight," he answered, honestly, his blue eyes fading into the ground.

"There it is," AJ chuckled in response, having a suspicion that his actions were in regards to Beth. He knew something was going on between them, and he knew that Finn and Beth were trying to cover it up. There were only so many things that they could be concealing.