This is where it all goes wrong

“Owennn?” Scott called from just outside of Owen’s doorway.

“Scott? Is that you?” Owen called back from deeper inside the miniature house. Ever since Owen had met Scott when he moved into Icraga Manor they had become almost inseparable.

“I need to go downstairs and get some seeds, Wanna come?” Scott called.

“Sure! I need to grab some things for my latest invention.” Owen called again.

“What are you making?”

“A machine that will keep us hidden up here in the attic” He said as he walked toward the door.

Owen scrambled to grab his bag as Scott walked into the house.

“Oh that's perfect! I've been hearing noises lately and every time I hear one I imagine it's the people making their way up here” Scott said.

“Well I don't think they'll discover us, but it's better safe than sorry.” Owen said as they walked out the door.

“Who do you think we'll see in the pantry?” Owen said as they passed Will’s house. Will had lived in the attic as long as they had and was incredibly sneaky. One day when Owen had been messing around with some gears Will hopped through a hole in the roof and startled Owen so bad he dropped one.

“I'm going to bet we see Garbage rat and Tubrat while we're down there.” Scott said with a giggle. They made their way to the stairs that led out of the attic and Scott asked

“Owen?”

“Yeah?” Owen replied.

“We need to be careful… I'm on my last life, did you know that?” Scott said sadly.

“Oh I forgot about that…” There was lasting silence as they made their way to the kitchen.

“The Father is back as well and he has a crossbow”

“Ya… I'll be right back. I gotta go look for spare parts in the kitchen”

"Ok” Scott called from the pantry where he had his head stuck in a chest.

Owen ran around to the side of a cabinet.

“Just gotta… Hup… Hup… There we go” Said Owen as he climbed up the cabinet door, swinging from handle to handle until he reached the top.

"Finally!" Owen exclaimed as he climbed over the ledge. Onto over the stove there was a small hole that had been used as a shortcut up to the attic before.

Owen squeezed inside the miniature hole. Gears and wires poked out of the wall as he walked along.

"I just need a small gear…" Owen said quietly. Owen walked even farther into the passage.

"This one should work, '' Owen said as he tugged on a loose gear. The gear came loose in his hands.

"Oh! Well that worked!" Owen strolled out of the passage with the gear clutched to his chest. Scott was waiting on the floor outside of the passage and below the cabinet.

"Did you get what you needed?" Scott asked.

"Yupp! I got a gear that will fit in that space under the cradle of my machine!" Owen yelled

"I didn't understand a word of that but I believe you!" Scott called back.

"Haha I can try to simplify if you want?" Owen said.

"Yes please" Scott said hurriedly

"ok so basically there is a gap under my machine between the floor of the machine and the top of the rudder, I needed to find something to fill that." Owen explained to Scott as he climbed down the cabinet.

“Oh ok that makes so much more sense. I'm a farming expert not a mechanic like you” Scott said with a smile. Scott stopped suddenly,

“Oh! There's a chest over there. I'm going to go check it for more seeds and food.”

“Ok,” replied owen. Owen pulled out a gadget he had started working on a couple of days ago. Then Owen heard it. The unmistakable sound he had heard way too many times since Mr. Icraga’s arrival. A crossbow.

“OWEN!” Screamed Scott. Suddenly something small and heavy slammed into Owen. And the world vanished in a sea of pain, darkness and confusion.