Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Sanji's POV

---------------------------------

I could feel my self starting to become conscious again, though it was a faint, and still feeling. I tried to say something, but all that came out was a groan.

I heard Zoro say, "SANJI!"

This was the first time Zoro said my name directly to me. It felt very different then I was used to. I was used to him calling me cook, or curly-cook, or eyebrows... never my real name.

I croaked, "Z-zoro."
"He's waking up!" Nami said cheerfully. Nami-swannn.

I regained consciousness. (this is why there is no more italics lol - author's note)

"Y-you called me by my real name," I gasped at him, stuff actually coming out of my mouth.

I saw Luffy tear-eyed by Zoro. "Sanji! Why were you hiding from us....." Luffy said crying.

"You didn't even show a sign of smoking since you just disappeared," Chopper said.

"I'm sorry... I just didn't want anyone to find my knee-wound..." I said, patting them both on the head. I then tried to sit up, but it's hard when you're knee is in a big cast and in pain, when you just were in a coma, and when you still have a low-fever...

"SANJI!" Chopper said. "Don't over-exert yourself. Take it easy, alright?

"A-alright," I told them catching on.

"So," Luffy said with a smirk on his face, "how many times have you heard us talking..."

"Uh," I said. What should I do, what should I do, what should I do...

"Come on, Sanji, spit it out. No one's getting mad," Robin said.

"Alright then, if you say so Robin-chwan," I said, but I knew I was going to have to lie. Chopper knew, too.

"The first thing I heard was that Luffy said, 'Brook told me that Chopper needed Sanji to eat this red bean soup. Mind giving it to him?'

Zoro said, "That was literally the first thing you heard anyone say???"

"Uhm, yeah. Before that, all I could feel were nightmares, telling me I was a horrible person that should be killed for leaving my imprisoment from the vinsmokes, and that I was a failure and should be killed..."

Luffy started crying. "I saw you having a nightmare the night you disappeared... and then we searched the kitchen. You are smart when it comes to seeing the future."

"Yeah, I did remove the bloodstains," I said.

I then sighed, and realized something. "Wait! Who even cooked for you when I was out? I know Nami-swann can cook, but it's not like she has time! She has to navigate the ship, right?"

"Zoro did. He is better then you realize, and by looking at your recipe-book he was able to make food as good as Nami's," Brook said. "Yohoho!"

I smiled. Classic Zoro. Always did the unexpected.

"Anyway, I think I should give Sanji a private-check up if you know what I mean... hehehehe," Chopper said, and everyone said ok.

I knew Chopper was going to ask that question, the one that we had both lied about once the rest of the crew wasn't around.

--

Author's Note

---------------------------------

Word count: 522 words!