The 23rd Psalm (explained)

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭23‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But what does that mean? What is the 23 Psalm?

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures"

-God is like a shepherd, and we are like his sheep. He makes sure we are safe when we go to sleep, and he makes sure we have what we need.

"He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul"

-Did you know that sheep can't drink out of roughly flowing waters? Just like a Shepard insures that his sheep has drinkable water, his children will not go thirsty for more than they can handle.

" He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me"

-Even though we live in a fallen world, we don't have to fear death or evil. Because he is always with us, watching out. When bad things happen, we don't have to fear, if you know where your going, and your going to Heaven, death is something that even though we don't look forward to it, doesn't have to be feared!

"Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over"

-God comforts us, even in punishment. Just like a father must whip his child, we occasionally must be punished as well, but with faith, we can rest assured that we'll make it out alright. We can overflow in joy knowing that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us. Even in our enemies presence, we are to be Christ like, reflecting off of us that Jesus loves us, and that we should share that love with others!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
‭‭
God will be with us until the end of our lives, and if we're going Heaven, he'll be with us forever. Unlike an earthly father's house, where we eventually move out, if we go to Heaven, we will be with our loving Father forever.