December 15

"Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭1‬:‭16‬-‭18‬ ‭KJV

Does anyone reading this paint? Because our sins can be likened to an overbearing deep paint, in reference to this verse let's say it's scarlet paint. Every sin you do is like every swipe you take across the canvas. This paint keeps getting thicker and thicker and coat after coat gets added to this canvas.

We try to cover it up with lighter colors, and by hiding things from others and trying to mask them with good actions. But even though we think it's covered some of it, it barely changes the micro-shade. And even if it did cover it, the scarlet paint would still be there below it.

When God saves us, he applies his perfect paint remover to the canvas. Then if we let him, he can paint a beautiful painting onto us. Our canvas might be a little thinner now, or it might curl up at the edges now from our past actions, but no matter what scars we have, God can still use us!