December 1

First I would like to thank LICC - The London Institute for Contemporary Christianity for providing the verses and inspiration for this 25-day journey. I would also like to thank the Bible app for sharing the plan and the Word with us all.

Although most of all I would like to thank the Creator of this story and our creation, God!

Now to get into things. What is the purpose of this holiday and why do we celebrate it? It celebrates the birth of the world's Savior, Jesus.

Why do we need a savior? And why do we celebrate his birthday with Christmas trees, presents, and parades? The list goes on of things that the holiday offers apart from its true meaning.

We need a savior because sin is punished by death and life in eternal suffering. But God loved us and he created this world to be good and something that's good is worth saving right.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬ ‭-KJV

"And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭-KJV

So God sought to save the world. To do so requires a lamb, a perfect, spotless lamb. A sacrifice. Jesus.