Chapter 21

// "If I told you that I loved you
Tell me, what would you say?
If I told you that I hated you
Would you go away?" //

No one's pov.

"Taeyong, let's go home. What are you waiting for?" Chul spoke with a trembling voice.

"I'm waiting for my boyfriend," Taeyong said as she sighed.

"It's not worth it anymore. He already fucked. I'm sorry Taeyong." Yeosang rubbed the girl's back as he spoke.

Taeyong stood frozen and looked at the boys that were watching her with a sad expression.

"W-What do you mean? He wouldn't cheat. H-He told me he loved me and would never cheat." She said as tears started forming in her eyes.

No one could say anything as Seonghwa came out of the school. He went to Taeyong with a smile on his face and wanted to kiss her but she stopped him.

"Love? Everything is alright?" He spoke as he looked at her red puffy eyes.

"I-Is it real...? Seonghwa. Did you cheat o-on me?" Her voice kept trembling as she tried not to cry.

"W-What..? You know I would never. Why do you think that?"

His voice was shaking. He loved Taeyong so much and didn't want to lose her. He hated Yeona and tried to keep her away. But it was hard since she was always after him, like a dog.

"I-I'm sorry." She said as she wiped her tears and slapped him.

Everyone was in shock as they saw Taeyong slapping Seonghwa.

---

Taeyong pov.

I sat confused and sad on the couch. Why did Seonghwa never told me about Yeona? Am I not a good girlfriend? Does he not trust me? I should stop overthinking. Maybe he has a reason and doesn't love her and won't cheat on me. I thought to myself.

I sighed and got up from the couch and closed the tv. I picked up my phone and went to Yeosang's room since he was the only one awake at this hour.

As I got into the room silently, I saw a tired Yeosang talking with someone on the phone. He didn't seem too happy or calm.

"Can you shut up now? I don't have time anymore for you. It's so clear that you only want Seonghwa and won't let any other stay with him. He has a girlfriend and doesn't even care about you. Yeona, I'm telling you. If you make Seonghwa break Taeyong's heart, I'm breaking your skull." He ended the call and threw away his phone, his eye widened as he saw me.

"T-Taeyon? What are you doing here? You heard the whole conversation, didn't you?" I looked down as I started playing with my fingers. I felt some tears falling down my cheeks, and then Yeosang got me in his embrace.

"Don't worry, I will make sure Yeona will not do anything dirty. And if she does and makes Seonghwa break your heart, they are so done." I let out a small smile and nodded.

"Why are you here, tho? Do you need help?" I wiped my tears and sat down on his bed.

"I can't sleep. Do you mind if I sleep with you tonight?"

Yeosang smiled and nodded. "Of course, you can. I don't mind at all. And I know how you're feeling. I promise you everything will be fine."

"Can you do me a favour?" Yeosang turned to face me as he was putting the blanket on both of us. "Sure."

I took a deep breath and said as fast as I could.

"Tell me about Yeona. Please." He looked away, got up, and sighed.

"Yeona is Seonghwa's best friend since they were 3. She fell in love really badly with him when they were 9 and is still in love with him, but sadly for her, she had to move to London when she was 15. Seonghwa was almost in depression when she left and didn't really talk to us. Since then, he hasn't shown any emotions because he loved her, and that's what he decided. We didn't force him, tho. Now that she is back, everyone is scared that they will get too close and something bad will happen. I was together with her for 2 years. I loved her a lot, but before she moved, we broke up because she cheated. Seonghwa was so in love with her that he stopped talking to me for 1 whole year, saying that I was just lying about her cheating and that I was the one who cheated and I wanted to break up with her. That's why me, San and Wooyoung hate her now. They trusted me and knew what had happened."

"Sorry to interrupt you, but why was Seonghwa in depression that badly? She just left, she didn't die." Yeosang let out a giggle and looked at me.

"That's what I wanted to tell you now. After I broke up with her, to make Seonghwa hate me more, she faked her death. He wanted to kill me after finding out about what happened, but he just drank to forget everything and escape the pain." My eyes widen as Yeosang said the last sentence. Who would fake their death?

"But wait, if she faked her death, how come Seonghwa still loves her and doesn't mind what happened?" He looked away, disgusted.

"She seduced him and from what I heard from Wooyoung, she lied to him. Yeona is really good at lying."

I felt my eyes teary, and a disgusted look made its presence on my face. Yeosang pulled me into a tight hug. He patted my back and kissed my head as I was crying hard on his shoulder.

"Shh, don't cry. Everything will be fine. To be honest, I and the boys don't think Seonghwa would like her again tho. He is too in love with you." I blushed as he caressed my back one more time.

"Thank you for everything, Yeosang." He giggled and broke the hug.

"Let's go to sleep now. You must be really tired." With that, we went back to bed, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I felt safe in his arms, but safer in Seonghwa's.