1.5- Quarry

-Richie POV-

Damnit! I should have invited him to the quarry. Or at least gave him my number.

I groan as I meet up with the other, who are waiting for me.

"Why are you late?" Stan asks me.

"I was with Eddie's mom a little late last night." I smirk.

"Gross, Richie!" Eddie shakes his head.

"No. Really, why were you this late? You're normally three minutes late. This is half-an -hour late." Stanley calls out.

"Did you idiots forget I had Chris from yesterday?" I ask rhetoricly.

"Oh, r-right." Bill stutters, "How is he?"

"He seemed just swell. Well, as swell as can be after a run-in with Bowers." I push my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

"But was he too injured?" Ben asks. I hadn't realized he was here.

"No. Just had the word 'Fag' carved into his arm." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Why didn't you invite him to the quarry?" Eddie asks.

"Because I was distracted okay?" I say, groaning. Stan gives me a knowing smirk, probably assuming what I was distracted by.

"Let's get this show on the road. With a... drum roll, please... LOOGIE CONTEST!" I shout, successfully distracting the boys from what I just said about being distracted by Chris.

Eddie and I began arguing about who won, mass or distance. If Chris were here, he'd say distance, I bet.

"Alright. Who's first?" Bill asks.

"I'll go!" Someone yells behind us. We turn to see Beverly stripping down to her underwear and bra.

"Sissies!" She yells as she jumps over the edge.

'Holy shit! We just got shown up by a girl!" I yell.

"Do we have to do that now?" Stan asks.

"Yes." I respond as Bill jumps into the water.

I jump right after him and land in the water with a huge splash. Stan jumps next, then Ben, then Eddie.

We are all splashing each other and playing chicken. I push Beverly in the water and cheer. I was on Ben's shoulders. And Beverly was on Bill's.

We got out of the water after a turtle scared the shit out of me. We were sitting on some rocks that formed a half-circle. Except Beverly, who was sunbathing nearby.

I was digging through Ben's bag as everyone else was staring at Beverly. I pulled out a card and flipped it over, reading that it was a love poem for Beverly. I put it back in as the boys turned and looked away from Beverly.

I pulled it out again and said, "What's this? Who sent you this?"

"No one. Give it!" Ben said as he snatched it from me, shoving it deeper into the bag.

"Newflash Ben. Schools out for summa!" I say in an announcement type voice, being annoying for no reason.

"Oh, that. That's not school stuff." Ben explains.