Chapter 2 - Maths

Anastasia

9th of July 2021

I wake up the next morning, home alone, after the best nights sleep in the past 5 years. I make my bed and eat some eggs and toast. Half bored to death, though I knew I needed to get some work done. Then I start on my year 12 maths assignment. The question I got for the assignment is going to kill me, I know 3 people who could help me with this:

My favourite cousin - Alex (Alexandros), My other cousin - Alexia and MY boyfriend, Vaishant. (That's right he's not your boyfriend, he's MY BOYFRIEND. Hahahahahahahha.) All three are 23 year olds and went through 5 years of engineering but I bet you can guess who I'm asking,

Anastasia: hey, I've got this maths assignment and I was wondering if you wanted to come over and help me with it, since you're such a great engineer.

Vaishant

I get a text, immediately I jump to get my phone, hoping it's from Anna, it is. Should I wait? Would that make me seem to desperate? Well I definitely am desperate but anyway. I'll wait 5 minutes. I try to scroll through my phone and find ways to distract myself from her message.

I'm so fucking impatient I text her within 30 seconds,

Vaishant: I don't know about great but I definitely know year 12 maths. I'll be there in 2 minutes.

Anastasia

2 minutes later there is a knock at my door, I rush to go answer it, I'm pretty sure it's Vaishant, I want to see him right now. There, standing in my doorway is the guy I'd been in love with for years, finally mine. We walk inside and sit down on the couch together. He's so good at explaining this, he's so smart. I know all the brains are basically from pressure of his parents to do good in school, but still, he's amazing.

Vaishant

We talk for so long I fall for her more. I learn that she always drops her head when she gets embarrassed, which is often. I learned some new things about her: she likes strawberries and all other fruits. Her hobbies are dancing, writing, reading books, drawing (she's amazing), doing hair and make up and playing netball and volleyball and dancing. When she graduates she wants to be a hairdresser/makeup artist/publicist. She loves art so much it makes me love her more. I love her. She definitely doesn't know if she loves me yet. After 2 days. Fuck. But I've known for 5 years. I've been in love with her for 5 years. 

Anastasia

We finish my assignment and start talking for an bit...

Apparently a bit was a lot longer than I thought because it has turned dark now and my parents are home. He looks frightened as my parents walk inside and see us sitting there. He smiles at them, "I was just leaving, but it was good to see you." Standing up, he walks towards the door with me trailing behind him.

Vaishant

When her parents walk in I get so scared. I don't think it's time for them to know about this yet. I all but run out of the room after saying goodbye.

Anastasia

"Goodbye," my mum responds, smiling. I walk him to the door and let him out. Immediately after, I run up to my room, I don't want to explain to my parents what they just walked in on. 1 minute later I get another message from Vaishant,

Vaishant: Sorry for leaving so soon, I'll see you tomorrow. 😉

Anastasia: hmm, we'll see.

Vaishant

I think about her all night. I wish I could see her 24/7. Her deep, romantic, brown eyes. Her beautiful, long curls. Her amazing sense in fashion. I love her.