PROLOGUE

"Hey, that's enough."

Sinubukang kunin ng kanyang pinsan ang bote ng beer na iinumin niya pero naunahan niya ito. Kasabay ng pagtabig niya sa kamay ni Zero ang siya namang mabilis niyang paglunok ng nakakahilong inuming ibinigay ni Laurel. This is already her fourth bottle and she admits that it's already making her dizzy, in a good way though.

"Z, give me a slack. Wag mo nga akong pakialaman!"

She angrily yelled at her older cousin. Hindi niya ito tinatawag na Kuya dahil ilang buwan lang naman ang tanda nito sa kanya. She looked at the city lights in front of them as she sat at the backseat of Zero's car along with their younger cousin- Laurel.

Mapait siyang ngumiti habang tinitingnan ang pagsayaw ng mga ilaw na nanggagaling sa siyudad na nasa harapan nila. They look beautiful and peaceful- something that can never be her.

"Ano na namang nangyari, ate?"

Hindi niya tiningnan si Laurel. Her eyes were glued on the dancing lights in front of them as if staring at it would change anything. As if it will take her loneliness away.

"Ang malas-malas ko, ano? Mapasama o mapabuti man ang gagawin ko, hindi niya pa rin ako mamahalin. Napakagago niya"

"What did he do this time?"

Napalitan ng mapaklang tawa ang mapait niyang pag-ngiti dahil sa tanong ni Zero. Remembering what happened made her amused and pissed at the same time. Ang malas niya nga talaga.

"Mom showed him my report card. Sa lahat ng uno na nandoon ang tanging nakita niya lang ay ang katotohanan na hindi ako naging Dean's Lister dahil sa record ko. They ended up fighting and he ended up blaming me about it....again"

She was really amused with how her father gets more of an asshole as days pass by. Sabagay, lahat naman ata ng nangyayari sa pamilya nila simula noon ay kasalanan niya. Hindi naman na ito bago. She's fucked in any way.

"What are you gonna do this time? He's being too much"

Inalis niya ang atensyon sa mga ilaw para ibigay ito kay Zero. She did not say anything, she just gave him a smirk as an answer.

"Rebecca please, nasa first sem palang tayo ng ikalawang taon sa college. Stop messing around just to piss him off"

No fucking way.

"Nope. Hindi pwede. We will be unreasonable together. If he's gonna be an asshole to me then I will be an asshole to him"

Matigas niyang tugon dito. Her cousin helplessly shook his head before drinking his beer.

"Ate, hindi ka pa naiinlove di ba?"

Napakunot ang noo niya dahil sa tanong ni Laurel. She's confused why he's asking that because they know that she doesn't believe in love at all. Her parents were enough representation of how love is a hoax. It's just an excuse to manipulate someone.

"Love? Para lang yan sa mga tanga"

"What if lang ate. What if someone will show up in front of you and change how you view everything- love, your parents, yourself. Are you ready for that?"

She rolled her eyes. Masyadong korni ang tanong ni Laurel na pakiramdam niya ay mas masusuka pa siya dahil dito kaysa sa beer na iniinom nila.

"I will never be ready for that, Lau. Because that will never happen in the first place"

Rebecca Jane Samaniego has her own rules. She always want to be different from everyone else. If others will jump off a plane, she'll fucking stay inside and wait for it to crash and happily embrace death. If others will choose to be considerate, she will be that one girl to slap you with the truth even if it's fucked up. If others will tell you to be kind, she will be that evil one to tell you to mind your own shit and let everyone else suffer on their own- because you have your own suffering as well.

She has been stuck in the same cycle of misery for a long time.

But someday, someone will hold her hand and pull her out of the shithole that she's in.

But she thought everything is already perfect, until she'll end up stuck on the same cycle again.

She was never ready for it.

She was never ready to be marooned.

_____
MJ's note: Back with a Freenbecky story! Prologue muna tayo hahahahaha. Hope you'll support this like how you supported RTS! Love you guys!