01 | New Chapters

×××

I had just gotten down from the plane, after getting my box and hand luggage, I headed outside of the airport. My eyes searching for Wendy, my dad's youngest sister and my closest aunt, basically the only aunt I knew.

She wasn't so hard to find with her bright smile, waving hand and her signature yellow short flare skirt. After spotting me, she headed towards me, giving me a hug as she got close to me. "I missed you so much, baby." She said as she looked at me. "You've grown so well." She acknowledged in excitement as she moved back to check me out in full, admiring me. The last time I saw her was thirteen years ago but we made sure to keep in touch. She was a lot younger than my dad, seven years older than I was, she was more like an elder sister.

"I can say the same about you." I said matching her excitement.

"Come on, I'll show you to the car." She said as she helped me drag my box to her car which was parked not so far away. She placed my luggage in her trunk. I sat in the passenger's seat and she at the driver's seat. Fastening our seatbelts, she started the car.

"So we may have to make a stop before getting home." She informed me as we drove off from the airport.

"Yeah, where?" I inquired.

"The supermarket." She explained. "I need to get some extra things for us."

"Yeah, sure." I agreed.

"So, Amir told me..." Once she uttered his name I knew the next words that were coming out as I groaned aloud, fucking Amir. "What? It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's me." She chuckled at my reaction, explaining that she wouldn't judge me. "It's totally normal for you to want it and I also understand why your brother did what he did." I let out another loud groan. "So, tell me about Raphael." She said teasing me.

And this was exactly why I didn't want to speak about it. "We broke up."

"What? No, you're joking." She glanced at me while driving to study my reaction hoping for me to say I was joking. "Why? Amir told me you liked Raphael, so why did you guys break up?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

"I can't do long distance." I said looking outside hoping that was explanatory enough and I wouldn't have to talk on the matter anymore, I liked the road and the moving cars, looking at them brought some sort of relaxation.

"You can't or he can't?" She elaborated.

"I can't."

"But he can?" She asked again to be sure.

"Yes, I don't think I can do long distance so I broke up with him." I elaborated.