02 | Post Break-up Crisis

×××

Since the past week, I felt nothing but misery

Since the past week, I felt nothing but misery. I knew a break-up was tough, but what I didn’t know was the fact that break-up felt almost as death, if I knew the feeling.

My heart ached the most and it refused to stop there, I could feel the spread of pain to every part of my body, I could feel the pain everywhere. It felt as if my room was constantly closing on me, wanting to crush me. Every time I thought that this was it, that the walls were finally giving in to take away the misery, they retreat, leaving me with the continuous pain.

For a week now, I hadn’t left my room, I hadn’t seen a need to. I hadn’t had a single social interaction with anyone since she walked out of my room a week ago except for the three times a day knocking to inform me of my food outside of my room since I had refused to go downstairs. I can’t remember the last time I had set my eyes on my parents so they weren’t a problem for me. It was just I and my misery.

“Yo!” That was Fiona’s voice with the sound of someone opening my door and footsteps. No, I refused to believe that was real, my lack of interaction in the past week had resulted in me hallucinating, yes it was definitely my imagination. “Is he dead?” I heard Fiona’s voice again. I felt my body fall off my bed due to a push, a physical one. I groaned, she was definitely real.

“Can’t you see that I want to be alone?” I voiced out as I refused to move away from the spot Fiona had pushed me to.

“No, I can’t. All I can see is that you’re probably dead, which I see that you aren’t now.” She replied me.

“I told you we shouldn’t have come, he wants to be alone.” Those were Diana’s first words since they both came in, both of Laylah’s best friends, definitely not the people I loved to see at the moment.

“I’m glad we did, maybe if we hadn’t, he would have really died.” Fiona came to her conclusion. I decided to face what had forced their way into my life at the worst time as I sat down resting my back on my bed, I opened my eyes to the two girls in front of me.

“Why are you living like a vampire?” Diana stated as she pulled up my curtains almost blinding me in the process.

“I’m not dying anytime soon, Fi.” I tried to convince her.

“Well, you look like you have given up on living at the moment.” Fiona said as she sat on my bed beside me.

“Now that you have confirmed I’m living and breathing well, can you leave?” I kindly requested.

“No, what sort of friends would we be if we leave you in this condition.” Fiona gave me the answer I didn’t want. “Where is your phone?”