Again

Rikki PoV

I walked along the pier and saw him in the distance. Trying to compose my self and hide my smile I walked up to Zane . He spotted me and cut me off before I could say anything. "If your here to tell me that we can't possibly be together then save your breath"  I stared at him. "We can't possibly be together" he continued. "Is that what you want" I snapped, not happy with his answer. "No" he cried.

I was just about to walk off and suddenly a wave of water hit my back . Nate, Zane dumb friend roared the engine of the boat and water went everywhere. I looked at Zane with a helpless face and tried to, with out talking, tell him I was still a mermaid and I needed help. He finally got the hint and distracted Nate so I could run of and dive off the pier .

I swam to mako and thought what a fool I was, now Zane knew I was a mermaid and what was I going to do as he obviously wasn't going to drop it was he. Just then I heard footsteps and was ready to leave until I saw his face. Zane came through the tunnel and looked at me still shocked as the first time.

He knelt down and smiled.  "Are you ok, I can see your still a" I rolled my eyes "A MERMAID ZANE,I'm still a mermaid" I frowned. He just looked at me and apologised. He then told me that he didn't care about me being half fish but I didn't believe him and avoided eye contact.
He just leaned in and I did the same. Our lips met and I new it was the beginning all over again.