Chapter 6

[CHAPTER 6]
Losing Is Okay RedSon

_____________________________

"Once a year, this city becomes more than a city. Once a year, these streets... become more than streets. This year... the winner will become... immortal!"

Sen watched with growing interest as she watched the screen zoom back to reveal a peach trophy, it looked super neat!

"A peach of immortality!!"
I hear MK gasp in utter excitement, Pisgy gave him a confused look.

"A peach of what now?"
Pigsy's words cause Mei and MK to gasp in utter disbelief, how could Pigsy not know about the peach of immortality!?

"Ahem-! If you'll allow me?"
I say, beating Tang to it.

"Legend says there is a sacred field of trees which grows in the Heavenly Realm, protected by the gods themselves. Every few thousand years, these trees bring forth the Peaches of Immortality. Against the wishes of the Heavenly Host, the Monkey King took them all, making himself immortal."

Everyone except Pigsy is left with stars in their eyes as I recited the origins to every point like a pro scholar.

"Woah-!! Sen, I didn't know you were wise like me!" Tang said pridefully as he pulled me close, all buddy buddy like.

"Nah, I'm just a bit bored so I red a whole bunch of books and stuff."
I said shrugging.

"Hold up. I thought Monkey King was already immortal." Pisgy questioned.

I nodded,
"Mhm, 4 times over really, he's to immortal for his own good."
I said.

"4 times!?"

"Piggy, your missing the point! Whoever wins the race will live forever!!"
Mei cheered before running out, flanked by MK, I smirk as I stood up.

"Welp, guess I should go and get my lil thing."
I said, my smirk deepened as I heard Tang and Pisgy freeze.

"Wha-!!? You have a vehicle too!?"
Tang asked in pure shock after spitting all the broth he had drank right into Pigsy's face.

"Mhm! I love a good race so I couldn't miss the chance to try myself, also I've been needing a chance to let loose for a time.
So, I got some help from Sandy."

_____

"Oi Sandy!"
Sen called as she stepped onto the boats deck, walking over to the friendly water spirit as he took a sip of his tea.

"Oh! Hi Sen, want some tea?"

"Heh, nah, well...maybe later! But! I have a favor to ask."
I said softly as Mo rubbed his face against my ankle.

"Oh, well, I love helping my friends so, what do you need help with?"
Sandy asked with a kind look.

"Have you heard of the Great Wall Race?"

______

"And ever since then, Sandy and I built a lil something that'll work perfectly for this."