Chapter 18

[CHAPTER 18]
The Swarm

________________________________

"Damn-...these phones are ungodly thin."
I said aloud as I examined the new phone Mei has practically slapped into my palm.

"Oh come on! It's perfect!"
Mei reassured as I got myself sorted into the darned thing, good timing too.

"I'm so excited! I haven't been to the movies in ages!" MK cheered reminding me of our current situation, we're in a theater for a shadow play currently, which already screams the upcoming beef that's soon the transpire here.

Luckily though, after last night with that strange monkey with the ghost like eyes, I'm already partially prepared.

No, we didn't do what you think we did.

. . .

"Trust you...? No, not a chance- last I've checked, you might just be one of the reasons things have been going so downhill!"

"Yes, your clever for jumping to conclusions this time.
And I don't blame your hesitation, but hear me when I say that this will be worth it."

"You said trusting you will bring regret-
"And reward."

"But I'm still risking stuff! What exactly our you telling me to put on the table?"

"Have you not already been taking many chances and risk, your gambles have given both issues and rewards.
What's another for the score?"

"..."

"Your a smart young woman, I'm sure you've done this hundreds of times already. Reject me sure, but that will also come with regrets, but the chances of rewards are slim."

"..."

"Besides, don't you want to spite dear old monkey king?"

"Wha-?"

"Let's say, he hates my very existence.
With all his own, in ways...you can blame him for our encounters as well, wow, doesn't he have a thing for causing a lot of issue's but never trying to fix them?"

"...yea..."

"You've been upset with him for a while. If you put your faith- even a little bit of faith in me, then I'm sure.
If I cause you an issue I will do anything to solve it."

"..."

...

"Oh, Mei. Isn't that the guy who gave us that weird key?" I suddenly hear MK say as we all look over at the freak.

"You mean the magic key that can unlock anything? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is him, and I'm also pretty sure that he's still not actually the Mayor."
Mei asked.

'Or the fucker that assaulted me in the back of a fuckin pharmacy-

"Hello!"
The bastard said cheerfully waving to us,
I gave him a blatant middle finger.