Chapter 40

[CHAPTER 40]
The Void Of Us

_____________________________

"This is it, the final showdown. Or at least for this time." I said as MK clipped his boot, we were ready for Azure's upcoming attack and my mind was much clearer now.

The nap did help, I walked up besides MK and Sun as we stared out at the horizon below.

It was a lot to think about, the fate of the entire universe was in our hands and depended on our victory, hard pill to swallow.

"You got this, bud. I would have liked to give you some training with your new monkey form, but—
Sun started.

"Oh, oh yeah, about that. Um, I-I was thinkin', I never really needed a scary new monkey form before so I thought maybe I just use it next time." MK said nervously.

Me and Sun paused,
"Next time? Kid, there might not be a next time! This is the time!"
Sun said as he pointed towards the cracking sky, being held together by thin gold strings.

"Yea dude, we're kinda in a do or die situation right now, and we need to put our best into this fight. I mean, I haven't been straining every hour to spawn the swarm in new forms for no reason! I wanna see monkey MK before I explode!"

"Your not gonna explode!"
Both of them said,
"Theoretically!"
I responded.

"Besides! It'll be fine! Mei, Sen and I have got this awesome, new armor and everything. You know when we look this good, ain't nothin' gonna beat us."
MK said, doing this weird dance as he swayed away but Wukong quickly grabbed his successor.

"Kid. New armor isn't going to cut it. We have to hit Azure with everything we've got! You can't just ignore this whole part of your power because it scares you."

I frowned lightly,
"I mean, MK never knew he had this ability nor power, it's a bit to take in, especially now."
I said.

"Fear could be our downfall!"
Sun said, MK tried to speak but paused as the sky darkened, becoming murky as my antennas began to spazz.

"Well I'll be damned!"

A large shadow portal suddenly appeared behind us, spitting out the crew as Macaque emerged, "Their here! Get down!"

I spun my scythe as Yuku merged into it, my own celestial clothes forming as a large beam of light appeared before us, the entire world trembling because of it.

"I warned you! I told you to stay out of my way. But here you stand, preparing for treason against your new emperor."
Azure said as he stepped from the beam, followed by his brothers and two simians.

"Oh shit..."
I murmured at the sight of both Blue and a strange black and white simian, his eyes a ghostly gold color, worse compared to Blue's.

"And so, I will test the limits of Sun Wukong's immortality!" Azure declared, we all got ready as the battle slowly but surely began.

"SEN! NOW!"
"ON IT!"

I jumped up before throwing my scythe into the earth below, quickly I plunge downward and pin the weapon deeper.