CHAPTER SIX

__________

__________

A face with horns contorted to a ghastly frown of anguish. The Blashphemer's Head. The stone underneath her fingertips felt rough and coated with grime. The face of the statue head unsettled her quite a bit but after heading back to where the altar was, the face of the statue was no longer a thought.

With the sound of water splashing calmly against the docks and the noises echoing against the cave wall, Seraphina perceived a sense of calmness. Making her way back to the altar where both heads are placed onto the stone hands then they would be able to break Ashley free.

"Don't hide your feelings. Don't be afraid of it."

Maybe she should listen to her father.

A dark shadow of a figure reflected on the lit up cave walls. Leon had beat her first as he got the other head for the altar. Seeing his back, he had gotten slightly more dirty with soot, but mostly appeared to be fine. He turned around quickly and expected another enemy, but a sense of relief came when seeing a familiar face.

"You're...safe. That's good," Leon said as Seraphina placed the Blashphemer's head down on the hand statue. A click sounded as the hands on the wheel shifted in an angle, raising a hexagonal block. A flurry of thoughts were running through her head. "I think we make a pretty good team."

"I think so too."

When they got back up onto the surface past the small fishing house, she recognized the gated arena with the sheds built inside. Until the both of them got past the wooden gate, the sound of chains were heard in the distance as the gate shut them in fully. A sense of dread trickled and kept them on their feet.

"Shit." Leon cursed as all of the gates followed after and shut with a thundering sound. One of the cultists of the Los Illuminados appeared to be dressed in a scarlet robe with a animal's bone for a head. An animal that resembled a ram due to its long, freakish horns. It murmured a few words as the cultist waved its wand around in a dizzying manner.

A pang of pain struck her head, making her waver as the sound of ringing echoed and reverberated inside her head. This was a high frequency, shattering any semblance of focus she had at the danger at hand.

Something was coming.

Behind a large pair of doors came the sound of an explosion bursting through. Nothing had exploded, but it was merely the work of an giant ogre, who roared primitively with anger at it being awaken from a long slumber. Seraphina felt a jolt running through her body, threatening to break her with unknown fear. There was nothing to do but use a gun to take down...a giant.