𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏 16 (FILLER!)

❛So... you're just going to ignore what happened today?❜

MIRKO ASKED with a slight, though faint, amused smirk on her face as [Name] seemed entirely unaffected by the events that rolled in place that day

"Yeah, it wasn't that bad anyway." She shrugged gently, making Mirko drop her jaw in shock at the stoic teenager conversing about the incident as if only a piece of wood fell on her finger.

"Yeah. Okay! We thought you died." Mirko laughed lowly, sat up high on her own personal modern kitchens' counter. [Name] shook her head, feeling the buzz in her leggings' pockets become more consistent. "Who's blowing up ya phone?" Mirko drowns in curiosity.

"Probably my class mates." [Name] replied in disinterest, flickering her phone on and enjoying the constant pop-ups. She shrugged to herself and turned back to the pro hero at her side as her hand clutching the phone traveled to her side. "Or Hawks and Hitoshi." She flickers in remembrance to the violet-haired boy.

"You don't seem to interact much with your classmates, I've noticed that about ya." Mirko comments as she dug her spoon further into the shared ice cream container. "As a matter of fact, you don't interact much with people in general. I won't pry, but I'm assuming you taught this to yourself."

"People usually don't talk to me because I'm, what do they call it? Cold-hearted. I don't make friends well. I prefer being alone." [Name] says, twirling her own spoon in her ice cream. "It's for the best." She murmurs, though Mirko can pick up on it.

"Sometimes, I feel myself connected to you in some way, kid." Mirko speaks up, filling the comfortable silence.

"How so?" [Name] questions, shoving the spoon of ice cream through her glossy lips.

"I see how ya like working solo. In my eyes, feeling dependent on another for hero work showcases that you rely on a team. That's why I have always felt it was a weakness. I see, though, that you're the same way. You prefer being alone, but today, working with you felt like a relief. " Mirko said.

[Name] thought on it before replying, thinking on Mirko's personality. Mirko spoke her mind regardless of the situation. That being said, she seemingly didn't care about the consequences. It was quite noticeable that she appreciated people who did the same. Overall, [Name] drew a connection to Mirko and Bakugo.

The thing about people, though, is that they always seem to draw assumptions on someone's character. [Name] recognized that by the fact that Mirko preferred working solo, others could all assume her speaking her mind was inconsiderate of others. The same way goes toward [Name]. If people think that of Rumi, people think of her.

But, [Name] saw something in Mirko, she did. Rumi would make sure to protect people, even at the cost of her own wellbeing. Her dedication to being a hero was strict and bold. It was obvious.

And it was obvious for [Name], too.

Mirko was so fierce and stuck to this dedication that she honestly didn't mind if her hero work was taking her life. Mirko seemed willing to throw away her pride to go and work with others during a crisis, meaning she recognised that helping people was obviously more important than her own personal feelings.