SEVEN - Welcome Anytime

"Oh, that looks great!"

Jim looked at the two pictures Rhianna had handed him, a large smile bore on his face. One of the pictures would be the front of the record, the other would be the back. David's eyes lit up as he finally figured out what the two were doing, he came over to where they were sitting on the sofa, "Let me see!"

Rhianna looked over at him for approval as he stood behind the sofa, looking over the two's shoulders to see the cover. The smile was still on his face as his mis-matched eyes darted across every detail of the cover, "Christ, looks great!"

Rhianna's smile managed to grow, "Thank you both, I'm glad you like it." she said, looking back down at how they'd turned out with a proud look on her face. David and Jim shared a look before Jim put the photos back down on the coffee table and went over to make a phone call. David took the man's original place on the sofa, sitting right next to Rhianna.

As he looked up at her, he noticed a familiar look in her eyes. In the seconds that he was quiet, he saw every single night he'd gone without sleep flash before his eyes. In that moment, he knew there was something wrong.

"Hey." She greeted, not noticing the way he looked at her, his lips slightly parted as he analyzed the tired features on her face.

He snapped out of it, blinking a few times before responding with a smile, "Hey, good to see you."

She smiled, "Where's Zowie?" she asked, looking around the apartment as if the boy was hiding somewhere. "Corinne took him around for a bit. When they come back we're going out to eat, if you'd like to join us?" David offered, watching as her face just slightly scrunched up as she thought about his words.

"I don't know, seems like a bit of an intrusion." She answered, watching as his eyebrows furrowed, the bottom half of his expression staying the same as he shook his head in protest, "No, course not! You're welcome anywhere with us." He said, nodding behind him towards where Jim stood in the kitchen, back turned to the two.

She continued to shake her head anyways, "No, I don't think I should. But I'm happy to see you." she said, a small smile still lingering on her face. His smile faded for a split second, "Suit yourself." he shrugged, watching as she chuckled dryly.

He paused, eyebrows beginning to furrow as he looked over at where Jim still stood in the kitchen, doing God knew what, then back at the woman in front of him.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, his tone somewhat hushed as a worried look finally took over his face. Her expression changed, her lips parting as she looked back at him, taken aback.

"Yeah..?" She began, "Yeah, I'm fine." she assured, nodding, though still avoiding eye contact as she answered.

"You look tired." He said, briefly explaining the reason behind his question, "Just wondering if you were alright." he shrugged, watching intently as her expression continued to shift.

She shook her head again, this time with a shrug, "I don't tend to sleep much." she excused, downplaying her insomnia completely. He didn't need to know, why would he care? His lips parted as he listened, "What do you mean?".

She didn't know what to do other than shrug, "Just that." she briefed, watching as he looked back at her like she'd told him she'd contracted a deadly disease.