Chapter III: A New Beginning To Their End

Ratau had guided you to your new cult, or at least the place you'd start it.

Ratau walked to your side.

"This hallowed ground which was once mine, is now yours. This crumbling ruin is to be the site of your new cult. We have much to do."

Ratau walked over to the little cat you'd previously saved from the Bishops' vile monsters.

"We begin by indoctrinating this poor soul I to the warm embrace of your cult. Followers can gather resources for you. Order this one to collect Lumber or Stone."

Ratau stood and waited for you to indoctrinate the little cat that was down on his knees before you.

"Please spare me, I will follow your teachings faithfully." The little cat muttered out.

You sent the cat, who's name is Bregre, to collect Lumber First.

You'd helped Bregre cut down trees and collect stone for quite a while. You'd gathered a fair amount of resources by the time the day ended.

Bregre went to sleep on the floor somewhere while you collected the last of the stone left on your cult's grounds.

Despite it being late at night, Ratau burrowed out of the ground in front of you once again.

Ratau smiled and waved his staff in a few circles while he spoke. "By your hand, your cult will grow powerful! But your followers cannot live on prayer alone, they must eat. You've already gathered the necessary resources, so build a Cooking Fire! It will allow you to prepare meals for your followers."

You nodded at Ratau as he disappeared into the ground once more.

You went over to a little crafting bench that sat near a big patch of dirt in the lush grass of your new cult. The only thing available to craft is the Cooking Fire, so you find a place for it and begin building.

The sun rose upon your cult as day began once again. Bregre got up from his spot in the grass and started to walk over to help you build the Cooking Fire. You'd finished building before he could make his way over, but you appreciated his effort to help.

You'd already collected a few berries, so you cooked a Basic Berry Bowl for Bregre and yourself.

You know it wasn't required that you eat, but why not?

You watched at Bregre happily skipped over to collect his meal. He was appreciative of it, it you could tell he didn't think it was the best meal in the world, and you had to agree. It was better than nothing though, and had a sweet aftertaste, so you ate the rest of it and disposed of your bowl.

You walked over to the crafting table and played with the little tools on it a bit. Ratau burrowed out of the ground behind you and startled you a little.

"Now we must build a Shrine - but first we will need more Followers and more Gold. Both of which can be found while crusading through the lands of the Old Faith." Ratau said, pointing his staff towards the front of your cult where the pentagram you came here on was, behind it a dark entrance to another part of the forest.

"Each of them guards a chain that binds him to the realm beyond. We have conjured openings to their realms. It is your task to track them down and slay them so that he may be freed."

'Slay them..?' You thought. You face showed your nervousness at this idea.

"Now go! There you shall find Gold and willing recruits. And for those who are not willing, convert them by FORCE!" Ratau said, before disappearing once again.

Slay the Bishops? You didn't know if your already hurt heart could take that. Sure, they sacrificed you and watched you bleed upon their altar, but they were your friends, and Heket your wife.

You swallowed your fear.

Doesn't matter. You were given a job and you have to do it.

Besides, maybe this could be somewhat fun?