Chapter V: The Worm of Chaos

Amdusias

Valefar

Barbatos

They all fell before you. All that was left now was The Worm of Chaos, Leshy, and his witness, Agares. One who's seen all of his truths, his lies, his good deeds and despicable crimes.

All will bow before the infant crown and god.

Praise be the Lamb.

You slowly but surely make your way through the small areas of Darkwood where enemies and little critters run amuck.

You had to admit, despite knowing you had immense power, you knew it had limits, and that alone made you rather nervous to face Leshy.

Then again, his crown had limits too. Those limits were unknown to you, but you managed to assure yourself a little that you'd be just fine.

You however couldn't stop thinking about what had happened after your fight with Valefar, it was... You didn't exactly know.

"So it's true, a new crown is among the gods." Kallamar said with nervousness in his voice.

You were suspended in the air, only able to watch the three Bishops before you talk.

"How is this possible? I didn't think that-" Leshy cut Kallamar off.

"It matters not. I don't think we should bother Shamura with this. I will deal with it."

Kallamar sighs. "As you wish, brother..."

Heket says nothing. She plays with the hem of her black and gold cloak, not seeming to be paying attention. You can see something in her eyes. Is that guilt perhaps? Maybe a hint of sadness? Does she feel regret in leaving you for dead, kicking you to the curb?

Despite the questions that swirled around in your head, you knew from the beginning that you'd fight your way through Anura last.

You were set down and left to resume your crusade.

You now stood before the door to Leshy. The thin stone of the front of it with a picture of Leshy's crown engraved on it broke, making a strange paper-like sound.

You walked down a narrow hallway, bones and tall grass littered the ground.

You'd rescued a few more followers, so you cut down all the bones and grass you could to collect a bit of resources.

At the end of the hallway stood Leshy atop a large pentagram, at least compared to you. Followers wearing hoods surrounded him. The Followers seemed antsy.

Leshy's crown had it's gaze now set on you, the green hue of it's eye slightly intimidating.

Leshy lifted his head a bit before he spoke.

"I grow tired of you, little Lamb. Time to put in end to this FRIVOLOUS MASQUERADE!"

You watched as Leshy's little acolytes that surrounded him stab themselves in the chest, point-blank.

You watched as Leshy transformed into a disgustingly horrifying version of himself.

He threw attacks the same as Amdusias, Valefar, and Barbatos, leading to his easy defeat.

Leshy fell to ground, completely mutilated.

You did as you'd been instructed to and ripped his heart from the place his chest used to be.

Now, it's in your hands.

The Heart of a Heretic.

May Leshy's death fuel your crown's glory.

Despite being somewhat close with Leshy, you strangely felt little sympathy towards his death. Perhaps it's an affect of your crown? Or, maybe you've come to the reality that the Leshy you slaughtered was not your friend, and barely your acquaintance.

Put put Leshy's heart away, and started your way back to your Cult.

Before you'd made it there however, you were summoned my The One Who Waits.

You stared up at him from the pentagram as he towered over you.

"Leshy fell before you like a grain of sand before a tidal wave."

You teleported away, finding it a little silly that that was all he had to say.