Ch. 4

~Ze~

I open up the window, and Anthony throws the sports bag inside.

"Teamwork!" He raises his hand.

I slap it. Hard.

"Ow. You fucker." Anthony unzips the bag, rummaging through the contents inside it. Honestly, I don't know what he put in there, but all I know is that it's food.

"We can get more later, but we're gonna eat like pigs for the whole week. Speaking of, I'm starving."

Anthony tosses me a can.

"What's in here?" I read the side. "Peaches?"

"I assume, that's what's on the front." He glares at me. "Dumbass."

"Why so angry all the sudden?" I smirk, "Are you on your period?"

"Last time I checked, I'm a man."

"A handsome Italian." I add.

"And you're a cute viking."

"Arrrg, me mateees!"

"That's a pirate."

"Close enough." I huff. "Like you can do any better."

"I'm Italian, not a viking."

"But your best friend is a viking."

"Boyfriend."

"I almost forgot about that." I rub the back of my neck. "Sorry."

"It's fine, Steven." Anthony still seemed depressed about something. When he's sad, he lashes out on everyone instead of showing his sadness. I know him. He definitely has something on his mind.

I shrug it off, and shove a piece of a peach into my mouth. Anthony and I sat there in silence, eating at least three cans more. We were starving, considering we hadn't eaten since we ran away.

I can't believe I forgot about our relationship. Anthony means everything to me, even though I hadn't realized it until this month. We'd been friends for so long, and then he started dating Jess...

I was jealous. I admit that.

I'm so sorry, Jess.

=^=^=

~Anthony~

I throw my hood on my head, and Steven does the same. We had to stay as far away from any other human beings as much as possible, but we take walks occasionally. We had to go out to steal food as well, but that was mainly during nighttime so we don't get caught.

My chest bumped into someone, and I knocked them down. I lift my hood up a little, feeling sympathetic for the girl I bumped into. She was rather short, so I didn't see her.

She rubs her head, staring at me. She blinks a few times, then tilts her head. "Chilled?"

I knew this was a fan, but I couldn't take any chances. They could tell someone they saw me, and word could spread to the police. "Sorry, do I know you?"

Steven kept his head hung low, avoiding contact with the fan. She wouldn't believe me if she saw Steven.

"Gomennasai." The girl bows. She looked a little Japanese, but I wasn't sure. I guess she is. "Er...apologies. I thought you were someone else. My bad, I'm very, very sorry." She hurries off back the way she came.