Chapter-3

(Media: JO1/ Yolo-Konde *Excellent performance given at Aomori with lyrics by 3Racha)

"Shiroiwa-san, everything that I and the other members have told so far is false. XX did not commit suicide, he was killed. I can't speak here. There is a listening device in the room. I give you this paper with my number and address. Set me up when you leave here. I will tell you the real things. "

He handed me the small piece of paper he was holding and shook his head. I took the paper and put it in my pocket and we talked 'wrong' as Junki-san said.

After I finished, I asked permission to go. Takumisan took my arm and refused my request.

-Are you leaving so soon? I would like to have a cup of coffee with you.

I politely declined his request.

-I'm so sorry Takumi-san. I have work in the office. I need to concentrate on the case a little bit. Maybe another time.

Actually, I didn't have any work in the office. After what Junki-san said, I couldn't stay here any longer. I had to go home and collect my thoughts as soon as possible. I needed to digest what Junki-san had to say better.

Takumi-san's face fell as I refused her request like this. My mind was so busy that I ignored this move.

-Thank you very much for hosting me and telling me what you know. I hope I can reach the truth of the matter and reduce your sadness a little bit. Again my condolences to all of you . With your permission.

Sato-san took me to the exit as he brought me. I talked to him and got into my car brought by the officers.

I still had the last events in my mind. On the one hand, I was happy that my intuition turned out to be true. On the other hand, the restlessness that I could not get rid of continued to bother me. Why would you want to seek help from the police and mislead him?

As I walked away from the company building, a doubt filled me. I pulled over the car and looked inside. It didn't look like anything was going to happen. Why was I so apprehensive? When I gave up and started the car, it occurred to me that I wasn't looking into the glove box. I didn't think to look at it since I didn't use it. I said whatever it was, and looked inside. I felt both disappointment and the feeling of being right again at the same time.

There was a location device on the lid of the glove box. At first I thought of disabling it or putting it in another tool for deception purposes.

But if I did that, I would have missed a great opportunity to unravel the facts and maybe they would neutralize me. So I decided to use myself as bait. After all, I was a civil servant working for the state. Still, I couldn't understand why they wanted to mislead the police. I guess I wouldn't know until we talked to Junki-san. I thought about making a phone call in the car and gave up. Maybe there was a listening device, too. I couldn't take the risk.

When I got home, I took a short shower to relax. After I left, I dialed the number on the paper and called without delay. After waiting for a while, the phone was picked up.

-Hello.

-Hello? Who are you?

I was surprised when I heard a female voice on the phone. Yet I continued.

-I'm Shiroiwa Ruki. Detective. I was going to talk with Kono Junki.

-Ah. Are you the person my brother said? I don't know why he gave my number when he had his own phone. By the way, what's the problem?