Chapter- 5

(Media: JO1- Walk It Like I Talk It / although the distribution of lyrics is very fair, that song has been playing in my head since the first day I heard it)

Ever since I got in the car, I've been thinking about what to do. I was literally caught in the middle. The killer had my phone and I really didn't know what to do. I pulled the car over as I approached a phone booth on the side of the road. The most logical thing to do in this situation is to call someone. I called Syoya first, it was safer to talk to him right now. The phone rang for a while and then picked up.

-Hello? -Yes, who am I speaking to?

-It's me, Ruki.

-Ruki? This number? Why don't you use your own phone?

-That's a long story. Can I ask you a favor?

-Of course.

-Can you come to the park near the police station? Shion too.

-Okay. I've got a couple hours of work. You know, all those useless articles.

-It's okay. Come back whenever you're done.

-Okay. I gotta go. The editor's calling.

-Okay. I'll see you later.

-See you later.

After hanging up, I dialed Junki-san's number. I was lucky I still had the paper in my pocket.

-Hello?

-Good afternoon, Kono-san. This is Shiro-

-Oh detective-san. Why are you calling?

-I wanted to consult with Junki-kun about something. Can I talk to you?

-Of course. I'll call him right now. Onii-san!

I waited until Junki-san came on the phone.

-Hi, Ruki-kun?

-Hello, Junki-san. I have something very important to tell you. Can you come to the park near our police station?

-I'll be right there.

-All right, I'll be waiting.

I hung up the phone and got back in the car. After driving for about half an hour, I left the car at the police station and walked to the park. I had to stop when I met Ren-kun across the street from the police station.

-Ruki? Where are you going?

-I was going to the park.

-To the park? Why?

-I have people to see. What the hell is this? Suddenly I'm being interrogated?

-You've been acting strange all morning. I wanted to be an 'expert detective'. Even though we can't be like Senpai, we're trying to do something!

-Aaah aaah. I'm so sorry, Ren-kun. I kept you in suspense.

-It's good that you just realized that.

-Ren-kun! I'm not in the mood for a  attitudinize right now. Don't do that.

-Okay, fine. You can tell me now.

-You come too then, let's wait for Junki-san together.

-Junki? Kono Junki, one of the group members?

-Yes.

-What's he doing here?

-I told you I'll tell you. Let's sit over there.