Chapter-7

(Media: JO1- All Hours / Performance for the new YSL product, all in English and choreographed by our dance leader Kawashiri Ren)

-Mamehara-san! Mamehara-san!

-God! How did this happen?

Junki-san was trembling on the floor in shock. We were lucky that I kept my cool in this kind of situation. I crouched down next to Mamehara-san to check his pulse. As I put my hand to his neck, Mamehara-san quickly got up. He wiped the blood from his mouth with his sleeve.

-Hah! So that's how it happened. There were no other fingerprints on the gun because the criminal had no intention of hiding his crime. On the contrary, he did it specifically to be found. Victi- What are you doing here?

Junki-san and I looked at each other. Mamehara-san is a bit more... strange than I thought? Yes, very strange.

-Sorry, Mamehara-san, the door to your house was open. While we were waiting for you, we heard a noise from here, so we ran to you. So what are you doing now?

Mamehara-san was staring at Junki-san.

-How do I know you?

-Mame-chan, I'm Junki..

-Junki? Aaaaaah Junki! Uh-huh. I'm sorry, since I left that damn company, I don't remember my memories of the company. I don't see XX. Where is he?

-...

-Yes?

-Well...

-What?

-XX, he-

Junki-san couldn't finish his words. Mamehara-san turned his eyes to me.

-Will you tell me what happened? What! Is he dead!? Tell me!

Mamehara-san yelled and Junki-san yelled back.

-Yes! That's what happened! He's dead! XX is dead. And it's all because of me! I killed him! I killed-

-Junki-san! We've already talked about not saying that. Please remember your promise to XX-san. Mame- Mamehara-san?

-He's dead? He's dead. He's dead? Hahh! You mean he really did it?

-What are you talking about when you say he really did it? -Were you expecting him to die?

-Who are you?

-Sorry, I barged in without introducing myself. -I'm Ruki Shiroiwa. It's better if you call me by my name. I'm the detective assigned to investigate XX-san's death.

-Can I trust you?

-It's up to you whether you trust me or not. But I have to find the cause of death and the victims.

-Since you came with Junki, I think I can trust you. And since you said you're a detective, that's what you said, right?

-Yes.

-I think I can learn something from you too. And your name sounds familiar.

-I beg your pardon?

-First you tell me what happened.

Mamehara-san led us down to the living room without changing clothes. We told the whole story without a break.

-Now, the case first came to you as a suicide, but they wanted to keep it out of the press, right? Then you went to the company to talk to the members. Everyone gave the same testimony except Junki. Junki said it was murder, not suicide. The videotape, the phone, etc. XX asked you to consult me, right?